Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Aviation Safety"
A special issue of Safety (ISSN 2313-576X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2017).
Dear Colleagues,Over the past decade, five major themes have dominated the conversations across the global aviation industry: (a) personnel supply/demand; (b) personnel fatigue and duty-time regulations; (c) organizational safety culture; (d) effectiveness of programs such as the safety management system; and (e) the impact of unmanned aerial vehicles on the overall safety of the air transport industry. In this Special Issue on “Aviation Safety”, you are invited to submit the following four types of articles:
- Analysis of safety strategies: Examples include human performance (training); technology performance (reliability); regulation (standardization); transparency (availability of safety reports/data); and accountability (compliance).
- Effectiveness of safety interventions: Examples include crew/maintenance resource management programs; non-punitive error reporting systems; safety management systems; and fatigue risk management programs.
- Globalization: Examples include ICAO’s role in enhancing aviation safety (public policy); universalization of professional credentials like MPL (harmonization); cross-cultural challenges (language, technology standards, and national cultural norms); and impact of BREXIT (de-coupling of regulatory infrastructures).
- Complexity: Examples include the entry of non-traditional entities in commercial aviation (introduction of UAS in traditional air space by operators like Amazon Prime Air); off-shore maintenance; and introduction of new hazards like cell phones and onboard electronic devices.
Dr. Manoj S. Patankar
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Safety is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Safety strategies
- safety interventions
- globalization of credentials
- complexity of air traffic