A video abstract can help the reader to have a clear understanding of the paper. We are pleased to announce that the Robotics 2021–2022 Best Video Abstract Award is open for applications. Authors are encouraged to provide a video abstract when submitting their manuscripts in order to improve the accessibility of papers. The winner will be selected through a vote by our readers and Award Committee from the papers published in Robotics.
– Deadline for video abstract submission: 31 December 2022;
– Voting period: 1 January 2023–31 January 2023;
– Date for announcement of the winner: 28 February 2023.
There will be one awardee for this award, and the winner will receive the following:
– CHF 500 (Swiss francs);
– A waiver to publish a paper in Robotics (submitted before the end of 2023);
– An electronic certificate.
Who can participate?
Authors who have written articles and reviews published in 2021–2022 with a video abstract.
Eligibility and requirements:
– The video abstract should be under (or a maximum of) 5 minutes;
– The video abstract should introduce the topic of the article. The presentation should highlight the main results and conclusions and discuss future potential developments in the field as a result of the work if it is an abstract for a research article;
– The presentation should be understandable and accessible to users outside of the immediate field of the article in English;
– The video abstract must include a soundtrack providing a clear verbal narration of the visual content without any music;
– The video must conclude with the “Robotics 2021–2022 Video Abstract Awards” slide;
– Please be aware that figures/animations or any other materials included in the video abstract must have no potential conflicts or copyright issues;
– Terms and conditions regarding the use and distribution of video abstracts will apply in line with the copyright statement (https://www.mdpi.com/authors/rights) of Robotics;
– The video file must be in MP4 format and should not exceed 200 MB.
– Research article: Whether the presentation explains the idea of the paper accurately and precisely. The video quality will also be assessed (the lighting, the sound, the background, etc.);
– Review paper: The novelty and also the video quality;
– Readers’ votes.
PLEASE NOTE: All video abstracts will be assessed for editorial suitability and quality by the editorial team.
Please upload your video abstract when submitting your manuscript if you are interested in the award. For the authors of published papers, please send a video and a manuscript link to the Robotics Editorial Office ([email protected]) if you would like to apply for the award.