Special Issue "Life Insurance and Pensions"
A special issue of Risks (ISSN 2227-9091).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2015) | Viewed by 44092
Interests: life insurance mathematics; alternative risk transfer; valuation and management of financial guarantees; enterprise risk management; modeling and management of mortality and longevity risk; regulation and solvency assessment
Against the background of demographic development and changing consumer needs, innovations in life insurance and pension have become of increasing relevance in the insurance industry in virtually all industrialized countries. This will be even more apparent in the future, a development also due to the serious problems of social security systems. At the same time, insurers face increasing challenges in regard to low interest rates, volatile capital markets, longevity and mortality risk, an increasing cost pressure, as well as new insurance regulations such as Solvency II. The aim of this Special Issue is to highlight these developments and successful responses in regard to products and risk and capital management in life insurance and pension, where contributions can be related, but are not limited to the following areas:
• Innovations in life insurance and pension against the background of new regulatory requirements, longevity risk, and low interest rates
• The future of guarantees in life and pension products
• Policyholder behavior regarding options and guarantees embedded in life and pension products
• Enhanced annuities
• Solvency regulation
• The impact of Solvency II on life insurers’ risk and capital management
• Solvency risk measures with application to life insurance
• Challenges and new approaches in risk and capital management in life insurance and pension
• Reinsurance solutions and the securitization of longevity and mortality risks
• Evaluating life insurance and pension products from the insurer’s and the customer’s perspective
• Modeling and managing biometric risk in life insurance and pension products
• The role of the life insurance and pension industry in the economy
• Sustainable social security systems and government-subsidized pension schemes
• Empirical studies on life insurance and pension
Prof. Dr. Nadine Gatzert
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Risks is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- life insurance
- policyholder behavior
- enhanced annuities
- solvency regulation