A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Physical Chemistry Section of the open access journal, Molecules, publishes original research articles, reviews, short communications, and invited perspective articles in all areas of physical chemistry involving fundamental and applied research of experiment, theory, computation, and interdisciplinary research.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on the following topics:
Dynamics and kinetics: Fundamental problems of electronic, structural dynamics, theory and experiments of reaction kinetics in simple and complex systems; includes non-linear dynamics and chaos.
Chemical structure: Determination of the structure of molecules and aggregates, as well as the forces that contribute to these geometries.
Thermodynamics: New knowledge in experimental equilibrium thermodynamics, transport properties of chemical systems, theory and experiments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
Surface chemistry: Original advances in the understanding of fundamental interfacial properties, synthetic measurements, forces, and the dynamics of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures, and interactions.
Colloid science: Colloids in relation to systems of suspensions, emulsions, foams, gels, and ionic liquids.
Theoretical developments: Research from general theory to its application in modelling, simulation, and calculation.
Quantum chemistry: Molecular modelling and simulations, full atom and coarse grain molecular dynamics, and breakthroughs in the development and application of quantum mechanical concepts in chemistry, physics, information technology, materials science, and biological systems.
Spectroscopy: Application of spectroscopic techniques to molecular systems of interest across the chemical sciences, including laser spectroscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, diffraction techniques, NMR, and electron spectroscopies. Also includes the theory of spectroscopy and the development of new spectroscopic methods.
Interdisciplinary research areas: Photochemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, systems chemistry, and computations by molecules and chemical reactions.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Deep Eutectic Solvents (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- High–Pressure Behaviour of Solids: From Molecular Species to 3D-Framework Materials (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Molecular Simulation of Protein Structure, Dynamics and Interactions (Deadline: 31 January 2019)
- Multiscale Chemical Modeling and Simulations Using Quantum Mechanics/Molecular Mechanics (QM/MM) (Deadline: 31 January 2019)
- Nanobubbles and Nanodroplets (Deadline: 28 February 2019)
- Open-Shell Systems for Functional Materials (Deadline: 31 December 2018)
- Selected Papers from the 2nd International Symposium on New Molecules and Clusters (Deadline: 31 October 2018)
- The Fuzziness in Molecular, Supramolecular, and Systems Chemistry (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Vibrational Probes of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics (Deadline: 31 December 2018)