A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Physical Chemistry Section of the open access journal, Molecules, publishes original research articles, reviews, short communications, and invited perspective articles in all areas of physical chemistry involving fundamental and applied research of experiment, theory, computation, and interdisciplinary research.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on the following topics:
Dynamics and kinetics: Fundamental problems of electronic, structural dynamics, theory and experiments of reaction kinetics in simple and complex systems; includes non-linear dynamics and chaos.
Chemical structure: Determination of the structure of molecules and aggregates, as well as the forces that contribute to these geometries.
Thermodynamics: New knowledge in experimental equilibrium thermodynamics, transport properties of chemical systems, theory and experiments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
Surface chemistry: Original advances in the understanding of fundamental interfacial properties, synthetic measurements, forces, and the dynamics of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures, and interactions.
Colloid science: Colloids in relation to systems of suspensions, emulsions, foams, gels, and ionic liquids.
Theoretical developments: Research from general theory to its application in modelling, simulation, and calculation.
Quantum chemistry: Molecular modelling and simulations, full atom and coarse grain molecular dynamics, and breakthroughs in the development and application of quantum mechanical concepts in chemistry, physics, information technology, materials science, and biological systems.
Spectroscopy: Application of spectroscopic techniques to molecular systems of interest across the chemical sciences, including laser spectroscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, diffraction techniques, NMR, and electron spectroscopies. Also includes the theory of spectroscopy and the development of new spectroscopic methods.
Interdisciplinary research areas: Photochemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, systems chemistry, and computations by molecules and chemical reactions.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Thermodynamics, Structure, and Intermolecular Interactions in Solutions—Second Edition (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Design and Synthesis of Novel Adsorbents for Pollutant Removal (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Crystal Engineering and Structures of Pharmaceutical Molecules (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Surfactants at the Soft Interfacial Layer (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Molecular Simulations of Energy Materials (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Functional Photocatalysts: Material Design, Synthesis and Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Molecular Self-Assembly in Interfacial Chemistry (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Advanced Optoelectronic Materials with Outstanding Chemical and Physical Properties: Design, Characterization and Applications (Deadline: 30 January 2024)
- Design and Application of Functional Electrocatalysts (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Physical Chemistry in Novel Two-Dimensional Nanomaterials (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Hydrogen Bond and Intramolecular Force (Deadline: 28 February 2024)
- Electrochemistry in Ionic Liquids (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Advances in Surface Nano-Engineering of Nanomedicines: Physiochemical Characterization and In Vitro/In Vivo Evaluations (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- From Molecules to Materials, Devices and Processes: The Chemical Basis of Novel Technologies (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Physicochemical Research on Material Surfaces (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Surfactants at Liquid Interfaces: Applications in Enhanced Oil Recovery (Deadline: 15 April 2024)
- Exclusive Feature Papers in Physical Chemistry, 2nd Edition (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Recent Research Progress of Novel Ion Adsorbents (Deadline: 29 May 2024)
- Materials in Fuel Cell: Design and Electrochemical Application (Deadline: 30 May 2024)
- Molecular Structural Analysis and Structure-Property Relationships in Materials Chemistry (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Preparation and Application of Heterogeneous Catalysts (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- NMR in Biochemical Research: From Small Molecules to Macromolecular Complexes (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Electrokinetic Motions of Colloidal Particles and Polymeric Fluid Mechanics (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
- Thermodynamics of Organic Materials (Deadline: 30 July 2024)
- Pharmaceutical Modelling in Physical Chemistry (Deadline: 31 July 2024)
- Research Progress of Spectroscopy of Molecular Processes (Deadline: 30 September 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: