A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Physical Chemistry Section of the open access journal, Molecules, publishes original research articles, reviews, short communications, and invited perspective articles in all areas of physical chemistry involving fundamental and applied research of experiment, theory, computation, and interdisciplinary research.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on the following topics:
Dynamics and kinetics: Fundamental problems of electronic, structural dynamics, theory and experiments of reaction kinetics in simple and complex systems; includes non-linear dynamics and chaos.
Chemical structure: Determination of the structure of molecules and aggregates, as well as the forces that contribute to these geometries.
Thermodynamics: New knowledge in experimental equilibrium thermodynamics, transport properties of chemical systems, theory and experiments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
Surface chemistry: Original advances in the understanding of fundamental interfacial properties, synthetic measurements, forces, and the dynamics of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures, and interactions.
Colloid science: Colloids in relation to systems of suspensions, emulsions, foams, gels, and ionic liquids.
Theoretical developments: Research from general theory to its application in modelling, simulation, and calculation.
Quantum chemistry: Molecular modelling and simulations, full atom and coarse grain molecular dynamics, and breakthroughs in the development and application of quantum mechanical concepts in chemistry, physics, information technology, materials science, and biological systems.
Spectroscopy: Application of spectroscopic techniques to molecular systems of interest across the chemical sciences, including laser spectroscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, diffraction techniques, NMR, and electron spectroscopies. Also includes the theory of spectroscopy and the development of new spectroscopic methods.
Interdisciplinary research areas: Photochemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, systems chemistry, and computations by molecules and chemical reactions.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Electrochemistry in Ionic Liquid (Deadline: 15 October 2022)
- Chemical Consequences of XUV/X-ray Laser-matter Interactions (Deadline: 15 October 2022)
- Molecular Quantum Dynamics Beyond Bound States (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Active Colloidal Systems in Gas and Liquid (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Actinoids in Biologic Systems and Catalysis (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- New Sights in Molecular Dynamics Simulations (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- New Boron Chemistry: Current Advances and Future Prospects (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Application of EPR Spectroscopy in Biophysics and Biochemistry (Deadline: 15 November 2022)
- Theoretical and Computational and Experimental Advances on Molecular Optical Properties (Deadline: 15 November 2022)
- Nanoscale Heterogeneous Catalyst (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Colloids and Polymers: An Issue in Honor of Professor Björn Lindman (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Biophysical Chemistry (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Molecular Simulations of Energy Materials (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Current Advances in Photochemistry (Deadline: 1 December 2022)
- Molecular Simulation in Modern Chemical Physics (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Cutting-Edge Physical Chemistry Research in Europe (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Progress in Liquid Crystalline Materials for Advanced Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Photovoltaic and Photoactive Materials (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Metal Complexes for Optical and Electronics Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Green Materials for Energy Storage (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Biomolecules Interactions with Small Molecules (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Physicochemical Study of Surfactants (Deadline: 1 January 2023)
- Physicochemical Study of Foods (Deadline: 28 January 2023)
- π-Conjugated Molecular Systems (Deadline: 28 February 2023)
- Excitons in Molecular Aggregates (Deadline: 28 February 2023)
- Physicochemical Studies of the Coordination Complexes in Elucidating Electronic Structures (Deadline: 28 February 2023)
- Microfluidics in Physical Chemistry Research Areas: Current Status and Recent Advances (Deadline: 15 March 2023)
- Novel Surfactants: Design and Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Surfactants & Detergents: Theory, Technology and Application (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Exclusive Feature Papers in Physical Chemistry (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Feature Review Papers in Physical Chemistry (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Dynamics of Chemical and Biological Systems (Deadline: 15 April 2023)
- NMR in Biochemical Research: From Small Molecules to Macromolecular Complexes (Deadline: 30 April 2023)
- Understanding Protein/Peptide Self-Assembly Using Structural and Biophysical Chemistry 2.0 (Deadline: 30 April 2023)
- Small Angle X-ray Scattering for Conductive Polymer Research (Deadline: 1 May 2023)
- Thermodynamics, Structure, and Intermolecular Interactions in Solutions (Deadline: 31 May 2023)
- Electrically and Optically Active Nanocrystals (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- New Insights into Thermodynamics of Solutes in Neat and Complex Solvents-Further Progress and Extensions (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: