A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Physical Chemistry Section of the open access journal, Molecules, publishes original research articles, reviews, short communications, and invited perspective articles in all areas of physical chemistry involving fundamental and applied research of experiment, theory, computation, and interdisciplinary research.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on the following topics:
Dynamics and kinetics: Fundamental problems of electronic, structural dynamics, theory and experiments of reaction kinetics in simple and complex systems; includes non-linear dynamics and chaos.
Chemical structure: Determination of the structure of molecules and aggregates, as well as the forces that contribute to these geometries.
Thermodynamics: New knowledge in experimental equilibrium thermodynamics, transport properties of chemical systems, theory and experiments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
Surface chemistry: Original advances in the understanding of fundamental interfacial properties, synthetic measurements, forces, and the dynamics of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures, and interactions.
Colloid science: Colloids in relation to systems of suspensions, emulsions, foams, gels, and ionic liquids.
Theoretical developments: Research from general theory to its application in modelling, simulation, and calculation.
Quantum chemistry: Molecular modelling and simulations, full atom and coarse grain molecular dynamics, and breakthroughs in the development and application of quantum mechanical concepts in chemistry, physics, information technology, materials science, and biological systems.
Spectroscopy: Application of spectroscopic techniques to molecular systems of interest across the chemical sciences, including laser spectroscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, diffraction techniques, NMR, and electron spectroscopies. Also includes the theory of spectroscopy and the development of new spectroscopic methods.
Interdisciplinary research areas: Photochemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, systems chemistry, and computations by molecules and chemical reactions.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Metal–Semiconductor Nanoheterostructures for Photocatalysis Application (Deadline: 15 June 2019)
- Thermal Analysis Kinetics for Understanding Materials Behavior (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Zeolites and Related Porous Materials: Design, Synthesis, and Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Recent Advances in Femtosecond Spectroscopy (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- The Fuzziness in Molecular, Supramolecular, and Systems Chemistry (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Deep Eutectic Solvents (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Photochemical Reactions at Low Temperature (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Perovskites and Perovskite Solar Cells (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Noncovalent Interactions and Supramolecular Complex Formation (Deadline: 1 August 2019)
- Electronic Structure Theory of Molecules at Interfaces (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Computational Spectroscopy 2019 (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- From Atoms to Sheets: Growth and Tribology of Thin Films (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Quantum Many-Body Systems (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Tautomerism and Proton Transfer Related Phenomena (Deadline: 15 October 2019)
- Ionic Liquids, from Their Synthesis to Their Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Physical Chemistry of Aqueous Solutions and Glass Forming Systems (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Surfaces, Interfaces, Coatings and Nanostructures of Molecular and Soft Materials (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Spectroscopic Aspects of Noncovalent Interactions (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Electron Density Analysis Tools (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Practical Applications of Molecular Spectroscopy (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- 3D, 2.5D Printing and Additive Manufacturing (Deadline: 31 March 2020)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: