A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Physical Chemistry Section of the open access journal, Molecules, publishes original research articles, reviews, short communications, and invited perspective articles in all areas of physical chemistry involving fundamental and applied research of experiment, theory, computation, and interdisciplinary research.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on the following topics:
Dynamics and kinetics: Fundamental problems of electronic, structural dynamics, theory and experiments of reaction kinetics in simple and complex systems; includes non-linear dynamics and chaos.
Chemical structure: Determination of the structure of molecules and aggregates, as well as the forces that contribute to these geometries.
Thermodynamics: New knowledge in experimental equilibrium thermodynamics, transport properties of chemical systems, theory and experiments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
Surface chemistry: Original advances in the understanding of fundamental interfacial properties, synthetic measurements, forces, and the dynamics of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures, and interactions.
Colloid science: Colloids in relation to systems of suspensions, emulsions, foams, gels, and ionic liquids.
Theoretical developments: Research from general theory to its application in modelling, simulation, and calculation.
Quantum chemistry: Molecular modelling and simulations, full atom and coarse grain molecular dynamics, and breakthroughs in the development and application of quantum mechanical concepts in chemistry, physics, information technology, materials science, and biological systems.
Spectroscopy: Application of spectroscopic techniques to molecular systems of interest across the chemical sciences, including laser spectroscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, diffraction techniques, NMR, and electron spectroscopies. Also includes the theory of spectroscopy and the development of new spectroscopic methods.
Interdisciplinary research areas: Photochemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, systems chemistry, and computations by molecules and chemical reactions.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Active Colloidal Systems in Gas and Liquid (Deadline: 15 August 2021)
- Preparation and Application of Novel Perovskite Single Crystals and Thin Films (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Molecular Quantum Dynamics Beyond Bound States (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Excitons in Molecular Aggregates (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Molecules at Interfaces (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Feature Review Papers in Physical Chemistry (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Exclusive Papers of the Editorial Board Members (EBMs) of the Physical Chemistry Section of Molecules (Deadline: 15 September 2021)
- Dielectrics in Materials and Devices (Deadline: 21 September 2021)
- Activation and Conversion of Light Alkanes (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Synthesis and Photophysical Properties of Transition Metal Complexes (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Insights into the Molecular Architecture Using Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Plasma Technologies and Their Medical Applications (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Synthesis, Properties and Application of Specialist Surfactants in Industrial and Biological Systems (Deadline: 1 October 2021)
- Spectroscopic Characterization of Molecular Clusters and Large Amplitude Motions (Deadline: 1 October 2021)
- Surfactants & Detergents: Theory, Technology and Application (Deadline: 15 October 2021)
- New Insights into Thermodynamics of Solutes in Neat and Complex Solvents (Deadline: 30 October 2021)
- Photophysics and Photochemistry in Complex Molecular Systems (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Promising High-Energy-Density Materials (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Rotational and Vibrational Probes of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Physical Chemistry in Cultural Heritage (Deadline: 15 November 2021)
- Experimental and Computational Studies of Oxidation Reactions in Atmospheric and Combustion Chemistry (Deadline: 15 November 2021)
- Physicochemical and Structural Aspects of Calixarene Chemistry (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Recent Advancements in the Research of Aerosol Science & Technology (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Synthesis of Functional Nanomaterials for Electrochemical Energy Storage (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Understanding Protein/Peptide Self-Assembly using Structural and Biophysical Chemistry (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Synergies on the Trio Energy-Structure-Reactivity: Nitrogen- containing Heterocyclic Compounds (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Intermolecular Interactions in Crystal Lattice (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Frontiers in Molecule-Based Magnets (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Progress in Liquid Crystalline Materials for Advanced Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Tautomerism and Proton Transfer Related Phenomena (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Theoretical Aspects of Transition Metal Catalysis (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Actinoids in Biologic Systems and Catalysis (Deadline: 20 February 2022)
- Cutting-Edge Physical Chemistry Research in Europe (Deadline: 15 April 2022)
- Microfluidics in Physical Chemistry Research Areas: Current Status and Recent Advances (Deadline: 1 July 2022)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: