A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Physical Chemistry Section of the open access journal, Molecules, publishes original research articles, reviews, short communications, and invited perspective articles in all areas of physical chemistry involving fundamental and applied research of experiment, theory, computation, and interdisciplinary research.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on the following topics:
Dynamics and kinetics: Fundamental problems of electronic, structural dynamics, theory and experiments of reaction kinetics in simple and complex systems; includes non-linear dynamics and chaos.
Chemical structure: Determination of the structure of molecules and aggregates, as well as the forces that contribute to these geometries.
Thermodynamics: New knowledge in experimental equilibrium thermodynamics, transport properties of chemical systems, theory and experiments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
Surface chemistry: Original advances in the understanding of fundamental interfacial properties, synthetic measurements, forces, and the dynamics of surfaces, interfaces, nanostructures, and interactions.
Colloid science: Colloids in relation to systems of suspensions, emulsions, foams, gels, and ionic liquids.
Theoretical developments: Research from general theory to its application in modelling, simulation, and calculation.
Quantum chemistry: Molecular modelling and simulations, full atom and coarse grain molecular dynamics, and breakthroughs in the development and application of quantum mechanical concepts in chemistry, physics, information technology, materials science, and biological systems.
Spectroscopy: Application of spectroscopic techniques to molecular systems of interest across the chemical sciences, including laser spectroscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, diffraction techniques, NMR, and electron spectroscopies. Also includes the theory of spectroscopy and the development of new spectroscopic methods.
Interdisciplinary research areas: Photochemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, systems chemistry, and computations by molecules and chemical reactions.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Interlocked Molecules: From Structure to Reactivity and Function (Deadline: 31 May 2020)
- Surfaces, Interfaces, Coatings and Nanostructures of Molecular and Soft Materials (Deadline: 15 June 2020)
- Computational Spectroscopy 2020 (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Spectroscopic Aspects of Noncovalent Interactions (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Electron Density Analysis Tools (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Applications of Photoacoustic Spectroscopy (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Practical Applications of Molecular Spectroscopy (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Self-Aggregation in Supramolecular Systems (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Membrane Structure and Function (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Physical Chemistry of Aqueous Solutions and Glass Forming Systems (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Graphene and Related Materials (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Exclusive Papers of the Editorial Board Members (EBMs) of the Physical Chemistry Section of Molecules (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Charged Spherical Nanoparticles in the Vicinity of Charged Surfaces (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Frontiers in Molecule-Based Magnets (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Non-Covalent Interaction in Solids and Large Clusters (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Ionic Liquids, from Their Synthesis to Their Applications (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Noble Gas Compounds and Chemistry (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Understanding Protein/Peptide Self-Assembly using Structural and Biophysical Chemistry (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Tautomerism and Proton Transfer Related Phenomena (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Crystallization of Lipids: From Fundamentals to Applications (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Photoactive Biological Molecules (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- 25th Anniversary of Molecules—Recent Advances in Physical Chemistry (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Women in Physical Chemistry (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Advances in the Theory of Chemical Bonding (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Gas Hydrates: Formation, Structures, and Properties (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Interfacial Chemistry (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Intermolecular Interactions in Crystal Lattice (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Cutting-Edge Physical Chemistry Research in Europe (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: