- Molbank is a communication journal of synthetic chemistry and natural product chemistry. It publishes “short notes” of experimental data records for previously unpublished single molecules (one compound per paper) as well as “communications” of preliminary but significant results that can involve more than a single compound. For “short notes”, any scattered unassembled experimental data for individual compounds which is conventionally not publishable is particularly welcome. Articles that focus primarily on new structure determinations are acceptable also for previously known compounds. Availability of compound samples is published and considered as important information. Authors are encouraged to register or deposit their chemical samples through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation, a non-profit international organization. More information on samples deposit can be found at http://www.mdpi.org/deposit.htm.
- Molbank has been launched to preserve and exploit molecular diversity of both chemical information and chemical substances.
- organic synthesis and biosynthesis
- natural product isolation and derivatization
- structural elucidation (X-ray crystallography, NMR, etc.)
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Molbank will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.