A section of Materials (ISSN 1996-1944).
Carbon materials exhibit significant application potential due to their large specific surface area, low density, high mechanical strength, and characteristic 0D, 1D, 2D, and 3D structures. These materials take numerous (allotropic) forms, including graphite, carbon fiber, carbon nanotubes, graphene, carbon black, activated carbon, fullerene, diamonds, etc.
These forms differ greatly in structure, properties, fabrication method, and applications. Carbon materials are a subject of intense research, and they are among the most versatile materials used in the modern fields of renewable energy and environmental science. Relevant application areas for carbon materials include, but are not limited to: catalysis, coatings, electronics, sensors, energy storage, environmental science, medicine, information technology, nuclear materials, structural materials, and quantum materials. Moreover, we welcome contributions on 2D-carbon-related materials, such as BN, TMDG, etc.
The Section, “Carbon Materials”, will serve as a guide for the study of carbon-based materials and promote further research, leading to significant progress in this area.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Carbon-Based Functional Nanomaterials: Preparation, Properties and Applications (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Controllable Preparation and Application Exploration of Carbon Nanotubes and Composites (Deadline: 10 January 2024)
- Advances in Functional Organic Materials Research: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- The 15th Anniversary of Materials—Recent Advances in Carbon Materials (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Bulk Production of Nanocarbons (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Advances in Graphene and Its Polymer Matrix Composites (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Development, Properties, and Applications of Carbon-Based Nanomaterials (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- Preparation, Processing, and Application of Advanced Functional Carbon Materials (Deadline: 20 March 2024)
- Carbon Nanomaterials for Multifunctional Applications (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Development and Research of Carbon-Based Nanomaterials (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Fabrication, Structure, and Supercapacitance of Porous Carbon Nanomaterials (Deadline: 10 May 2024)
- Structure and Properties of Carbon Nanotube Composites (Deadline: 20 June 2024)
- Advances in Carbon Nanotubes: Preparation, Properties and Applications (Deadline: 20 July 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: