The editorial team of Languages would like to congratulate the winners of the Best Poster Award at the Fourth International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation (didTRAD 2018), held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain. The best poster was voted by the attendees and the scientific committee of didTRAD 2018.
The Award has been granted to Dr. Rosa Isabel Basaure Cabero and Dr. Marcela Contreras Torregrosa (Department of Linguistics and Literature, Universidad de Santiago de Chile), whose work was titled Curricular Considerations for the Chilean Case: The Role of International Context in Translation Theory Teaching.
We congratulate them for their accomplishments.
The Editorial team of Languages is happy to announce the winners of the Best Poster Award at EuroSLA 28, held in Münster (Germany) on 5–8 September 2018.
The award has been granted to Dr. Miho Mano (Naruto University of Education, Japan), Dr. Yuko Yoshinari (Gifu University, Japan), and Prof. Yo Matsumoto (National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics, Japan), whose poster was titled Representation of Sequential Path of Motion in L2: L1 Influence, Simplification, and Entrenched Patterns.
The best poster was voted by the scientific committee of EuroSLA 28.
The authors have been awarded 250 CHF in recognition of the quality and scientific significance of the work presented in the conference. We congratulate them for their accomplishments.
Since its launch in 2015, Languages has published over 25 articles, garnering more than 15,000 full text views in the last two years. To encourage high-quality contributions in the interdisciplinary field of linguistics, Languages is pleased to announce the establishment of its first Best Paper Award. The award carries a cash prize of 400 Swiss Francs (CHF), to be granted by the end of 2018.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration by the Award Evaluation Committee:
- Originality and innovation;
- Contribution to and advancement of the field;
- Clarity of exposition;
- Scientific impact
What are the criteria for eligibility?
- The papers must have been submitted after 1 September 2017 and published before 30 September 2018.
- Only research articles will be considered. Editorials, Commentaries, and Short Communications will not be eligible.
- The papers must follow the regular peer-review process and be accepted for publication.
- Regular submissions as well as Special Issue papers will be considered.
What will the winner of the Best Paper Award receive?
- A certificate. In the case of co-authored papers, a certificate will be provided to each contributing author.
- 400 CHF. In the case of co-authored papers, the award will be shared.
What is the composition of the Selection Committee?
- The Editors-in-Chief of Languages.
- Three current members of the Languages Editorial Board.
When will the winner of the Best Paper Award be announced?
- The winner/s will be announced by the end of 2018 on the journal website.
How to be in with a chance to win?
- Submit your manuscript at: https://susy.mdpi.com.
The journal Languages will offer two Awards of 55€ to the second and third best posters presented at the
11th International Conference of the Spanish Cognitive Linguistics Association (AELCO), which will be held from 17 to 19 October 2018 in Córdoba, Spain.
All attendees with a poster presentation will be eligible for this award. The posters will be judged by the Conference Organizers and Session Chairs, and the prizes will be granted on the basis of the presentation clarity and scientific significance.