Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
19 September 2017
A Warm Welcome to the New IOAP Participants
We are delighted to have welcomed 24 new participants to our Institutional Open Access Programme (IOAP) since the beginning of September this year. These are University libraries and Research Institutions located around the world; from the USA and Canada to the UK, and from Norway and Spain to Greece. Well respected Universities, such as the University of Denver, the University of Colorado Boulder, and the University of Arizona in the US, have signed up, while their researchers can now benefit from a 10% discount on the Article Processing Charges (APC) for any papers they publish in MDPI journals, at no cost for the library or the University.
We are more than happy to see the Open Access movement growing stronger and wider every day and we appreciate the vital role which librarians, repository managers, and other scholarly communications professionals play in the field. Our communication with and service to this community is, therefore, one of our principal priorities. The IOAP is our way to support academic and scientific Institutions as well as their scholars in managing, administrating, and publishing research in an Open Access world.
The IOAP set of free services, provided by MDPI to institutions that sign up, include:
- No fee for participants and no obligation to prolong after the initial 12 months. The participants may withdraw from the programme at any time, and we will also keep it free for the library for as long as they continue in the programme.
- Authors affiliated with the university will receive a discount on the article processing charge (APC).
- The institution is granted free access to the MDPI submission system and can receive free alerts of new submissions to our journals.
- By default, authors from the institution will continue to be invoiced directly unless the institution opts for central billing.
- Auto-archiving of papers into the institutions´ repository as long as it supports SWORD 1.3.
More details about the programme and a list of our current participant institutions can be found at: https://www.mdpi.com/about/ioap
Institutions which are interested to participate may do so online at: https://www.mdpi.com/ioap-form
The full list of the Institutions that signed up in September is as follows:
- University of Denver, USA
- University of Colorado Boulder, USA
- University of Arizona, USA
- Institute of Metrology of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Middlebury College, USA
- Touro College, USA
- University of New Orleans, USA
- University of Leicester, UK
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
- University of Strathclyde, UK
- Cranfield University, UK
- Hope College, USA
- Oregon State University, USA
- Drew University, USA
- Swansea University, UK
- University of South Florida, USA
- University of Georgia, USA
- Arizona State University, USA
- University of Southern Mississippi, USA
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
- Grinnell College, USA
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- University of Patras, Greece
- Public University of Navarre, Spain