Information and Communications Technology
A section of Information (ISSN 2078-2489).
This section focuses on original and new research work at the interface between communications technologies and information technologies. Historically, advancements in information technologies have followed a trajectory that has been parallel to advancements in communication technologies. Regardless of the application, information, in its various forms, must be delivered quickly, reliably, and securely between sources and recipients. Moreover, recent advancements in computing, such as cloud and fog computing, are tearing down the boundaries between applications and communication technologies, allowing networks to analyze traffic flows to optimize the communication services being provided to applications. From this perspective, papers submitted to this section should have a strong perspective on the relationship between communication technologies and information systems. While theoretically oriented papers are welcome, strong papers will aim to tie the research to applications and how information technologies utilize communication technologies. The scope of the work considered in this section is broad and interdisciplinary, and should include in-depth analyses, simulations, or experimental evaluations to validate the research results.
Specific subfields covered by this section include the age of information, communication theory, communications protocols, cross-layer designs, big data, data storage (particularly in network storage), Internet of Things, communication QoS and reliability, communication services, multimedia networking, communication and information security, in-network computing, cloud computing and fog computing for communications and information technologies, privacy-enhanced communications, and wireless communications. Other topics are welcome, but should clearly exhibit a connection to information and communications technologies.
Prof. Dr. Wade Trappe
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- 5G and Wireless Networks Communications (Deadline: 1 June 2020)
- Vehicle-To-Everything (V2X) Communication (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Indoor Navigation in Smart Cities (Deadline: 1 August 2020)
- Advances in Optical Wireless Communications and Its Applications (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning (Deadline: 1 September 2020)
- Satellite Communication at Ka and Q/V Frequency Bands (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Advanced Topics in Systems Safety and Security (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- ICT Enhanced Social Sciences and Humanities (Deadline: 1 October 2020)
- Industrial Wireless Networks: Algorithms, Protocols and Applications (Deadline: 30 October 2020)
- Spatial Transmission Dynamics (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- ICCCI 2020: Advances in Baseband Signal Processing, Circuit Designs, and Communications (Deadline: 30 November 2020)
- Selected Papers from IIKII 2020 Conferences (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- UAVs for Smart Cities: Protocols, Applications, and Challenges (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Exploring Blockchain Technology Emerging Trends and Its Potential Applications for Business and Economy (Deadline: 31 January 2021)
- 5G Cooperative Wireless Networks (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Wireless IoT Network Protocols (Deadline: 1 July 2021)