Special Issue "Military Mental Health"
A special issue of Healthcare (ISSN 2227-9032).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2019
Dr. Dominic M. Murphy
Substantial numbers of individuals leave the military each year. Most transition successfully out of service, however, a substantial number experience complex mental health needs. Anxiety, depression, alcohol misuse and PTSD have been highlighted as key health outcomes.
The aim of this Special Issue:
- To advocate for mental health and psychological wellbeing in veterans
- In particular, to shift attention to clinical samples of veterans and elucidate their needs
- To highlight the impact of mental health not only on veterans but also significant others around them
- To provide a forum to discuss the latest advances in treatment for veterans with mental health difficulties
- To provide specific areas for future research via authors’ work.
- Profiling the needs of treatment seeking veterans
- Exploring barriers and facilitators to treatment outcomes
- Novel interventions to support veterans with PTSD
- Alcohol misuse
- Co-morbid difficulties
- Exploring the unique challenges faced by veterans with PTSD
- Families: understanding the impact of living alongside veterans with mental health difficultes
- Families: exploring interventions to support military families
- Interventions to support integrated psychological care and holistic health outcomes
- Measuring outcomes
- How service users can help develop successful care pathways.
Dr. Dominic M. Murphy
Dr. Walter Busuttil
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Healthcare is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 550 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- alcohol misuse
- treatment outcome studies
- treatment-seeking veterans
- clinical samples
- childhood adversity
- emotional dysregulation