Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety
A section of Healthcare (ISSN 2227-9032).
This section will focus on key themes aligned to improve quality, safety, timely informtion exchange, and efficiency of patient care/resident services in health care organizations, including senior care facilities. This section will place special emphasis on performance improvement initiatives, clinical effectiveness and outcomes, patient and staff safety, employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, strategies to prevent adverse and sentinel events, incident reports, and usage of interprofessional programs to enhance quality of care in health care facilities.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- The Expanding Scope of Music in Healthcare (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Innovations in the Emergency Department (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Family Medicine: Opportunities and Challenges for Primary Healthcare (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Management and Automation of Health Organizations (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Improving Quality of Life in Lupus Patients (Deadline: 30 July 2021)
- Sleep Quality and Digital Media (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Patient Safety, Human Factors, and Simulation and Their Impact upon the Delivery and Quality of Healthcare (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Healthcare and Special Needs Patients (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Adolescent and Young Adult Health through a Developmental Lens (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Prevention and Management of Kidney Injury (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- The Advanced Role of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for Inflammatory Disease (Deadline: 1 December 2021)
- Qualitative Health Research Applied to Clinical and Educational Settings (Deadline: 31 December 2021)