Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Internet of Things and Ambient Intelligence"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2019).
Interests: internet of things; home care technologies; wireless sensor networks and big data analytics
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
The Internet of Things (IoT) connects the physical world and digital world and is a convergence of multiple technologies, such as sensors, embedded systems, wireless communications, real-time analytics, as well as machine learning. In IoT environments, intelligent decision-making leads to Ambient Intelligence, which supports smart, sensitive, interactive, adaptive, autonomous, and personalized services to human needs. The internet of Things (IoT) has been a key technology that provides the basic infrastructure for Ambient Intelligence, while Ambient Intelligence enhances the use and capabilities of IoT devices.
The aim of this Special Issue is to bring together cutting-edge research, current trends, and developments of innovative topologies and algorithms for Ambient Intelligence, along with applications relevant to the IoT. Topics of interest may include (but are not limited to):
- Applications in health care: assisted living, fall detection, elderly care, patient monitoring, patient rehabilitation;
- Applications of combined pervasive/ubiquitous computing with AI;
- Wireless sensor technologies for IoTs;
- Data analysis and machine learning techniques on data collected from IoT devices;
- Innovative sensing devices and innovative uses of existing sensors;
- Use of mobile, wireless, visual, and multimodal sensor networks in intelligent systems;
- Virtual smart environments, interfaces with real world, social networks as smart environments;
- Sensor data fusion and collaboration in multisensor systems and networks;
- Mobile/wearable intelligence;
- Behavior modeling;
- Intention recognition;
- Robotics applied to smart environments;
- Distributed and collaborative computing and reasoning;
- Cognitive and emotional awareness.
Prof. Dr. Chih-Yung Chang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.