Special Issue "Selected Papers from the International Conference on Innovative Applied Energy (IAPE’20)"
A special issue of Entropy (ISSN 1099-4300).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 December 2020).
Interests: biogas waste; solid waste management; methane production; waste utilization; Water and wastewater treatment; wastewater engineering
Interests: surface and interface and thin films (heterostructures; superlattices; nanostructures); statistical physics and thermodynamics (mean-field theory; Landau–Ginzburg theory; statistical mechanics); electronic, electrical, magnetic, and optical properties (ferroics; multiferroics; ferroelectrics; piezoelectrics; phase transitions; domain structures)
Energy resource consumption has doubled since the beginning of the century, bringing with it a growth in demand associated with the fast development in the industrial and telecommunication sectors. To respond to this rising demand for energy resources, new efficient infrastructures for production, storage, transport, and use of energy are necessary. The Second Edition of the International Conference on Innovative Applied Energy (IAPE’20) aims to investigate innovative applications and to gather the latest research in the areas of energy materials, energy production, alternative and renewable energy supply, energy savings analysis, optimization of energy processes, and the environmental impacts of energy production.
This year, the IAPE Annual Conference will be held on 15–16 September, 2020, in Cambridge, United Kingdom, and is supported by the Entropy journal. Entropy is an international journal dealing with the development and/or application of entropy or information–theoretic concepts in a wide variety of applications (for more details, see https://www.mdpi.com/journal/entropy/about). Thus, this Special Issue will collect the most relevant papers dealing with entropy and information-theory-based applications presented in this conference.
Hence, we encourage the authors who will present an article at IAPE’20 and who feel that their contribution is within the scope of interest of the journal Entropy. Selected authors will be asked to submit an original extension of their IAPE paper to be considered for publication no later than 15 December. More details can be found at https://www.mdpi.com/journal/entropy/instructions#preparation. Accepted papers, after a normal process of peer-review by experts in the field of applied energy, will be published in Entropy.
Prof. Dr. Xiomar Gómez
Dr. Khian-Hooi Chew
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Entropy is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Distributed energy systems
- Hybrid energy systems
- Intelligent and renewable energy systems
- Energy system and efficiency improvement
- Recycling-based energy systems
- Efficient bio-energy systems
- Energy-based integrated system
- Cloud computing for energy-efficient systems
- Urban energy systems
- Energy conversion systems
- Advanced energy regeneration systems
- Hydrogen energy production
- Energy management, policy, and economics
- Sustainable energy
- Fuel cells, biomass, and biofuels
- Safety and security
- Energy and law
- Multigeneration systems
- Exergetic and exergoeconomic analyses
- Smart energy systems for Industry 4.0
- Internet of Things for the smart energy industry
- Efficient energy technologies
- Clean energy conversion technologies
- Power generation technologies
- Energy storage technologies
- Mitigation technologies
- Energy-aware design for sustainable 5G networks
- Solar energy materials
- Smart grids
- Artificial Intelligence for energy efficiency
- Renewable energy for 5G networks
- Information systems for sustainable energy
- Edge energy recovery techniques
- Energy and smart buildings
- Big Data and analytics for energy efficiency
- Industry 4.0 for clean energy
- Energy transition and strategies
- Advanced energy technologies (applications and surveys)
- Smart technologies for seasonal thermal energy
- Applied energy for smart agriculture
- 5G Networking for smart grids
- Energy economics and financing energy projects
- Smart energy systems based on the Internet of Things
- Passive solar buildings
- Advanced electric vehicle applications
- Energy resource technologies (bioenergy, geothermal,hydrogen, hydropower, ocean, solar, and wind)