Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
9 February 2023, Online
Topics Webinar | EO&GEO Series: Drones in Geographical Applications
Ultra-high spatial resolution imagery from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), coupled with the latest advances in image processing algorithms, has led to emerging opportunities for researches from environmental sciences research... As such, drones are allowing new applications and niche markets to be defined through new sensors and developments in communications and increased real-time autonomous response capability. Building on this ecosystem developed by UAVs, this Webinar aims at providing a platform that will accommodate the latest research and application results related to the use of drones in a wide range of environmental and geographical applications. Thus, we have invited experts in different research fields demonstrating the use of drone technology presenting the state-of-the-art findings, and applications as well as providing insights into the future of drone technology.
The following experts will be present and talk:
- Dr. George P. Petropoulos, Department of Geography, Harokopio University of Athens, Greece
- Prof. Dr. Salvatore Manfreda, Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Dr. Prashant Kumar Srivastava, Remote sensing laboratory, Institute of environment and sustainable development, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- Dr. Ionuț Șandric, Faculty of Geography, University of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
- Mr. Alexander Ioakeimidis, ALTUS LSA Commercial & Manufacturing S.A., Athens, Greece
When? 9 February 2023 at 4:00 pm CET | 10:00 am EST | 11:00 pm CST Asia
Register now for free!
Interested in contributing to the topic? You can find the Special Issues linked to this topic and open for submission by clicking here.