We are pleased to announce that the Drones 2021 PhD Thesis Award is now open. This prize will be awarded to a PhD student who is about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis defense. All applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee led by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Diego González-Aguilera, and Associate Editor, Dr. Pablo Rodríguez-Gonzálvez.
a. The candidate must be a PhD student about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis defense.
b. The PhD thesis must be original work.
c. The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 January 2021 and 31 September 2021.
d. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, around 3000 words;
– A letter from a PhD supervisor that recommends the candidate for consideration of this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis.
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (800 CHF).
Please submit your application materials, via the website, by 31 October 2021. The winner will be announced on the Drones website by the end of December 2021.