Special Issue "Machine Intelligence-Based Sensor Technologies for Scalable IoT Network Infrastructure and Applications"
A special issue of Computers (ISSN 2073-431X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 April 2020).
Interests: wireless communication; Internet of Things; wireless sensor network; vehicular networks; cognitive radio networks and 5G
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: information theory; wireless communications and sensor networks; Internet of Things; applied machine learning and data analytics; intelligence system
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
In recent years, we have witnessed a rapid development towards wireless enabled sensing and actuating technologies to improve the economic and social well-being of society. A vast number of embedded sensor systems provide assistance in monitoring and control applications by performing data collection, information processing, and decision making. Acceptance of networked, pervasive, ubiquitous, and mobile computing has given birth to terms such as “Smart Cities”, “Smart Buildings”, and so on. Both in terms of building and cities, there is a radical transformation towards smartness and intelligence. This is affecting both the grid design and infrastructure of the city and building. The aim of intelligent smart building and smart city systems is to provide efficient, secure, trustworthy, seamless service, automation time, for better living and working conditions for humans. Intelligent smart systems will receive feedback from humans for real time response and changes. Specifically, various types of sensors will be used heavily by smart buildings and smart cities to offer better services. Sensor-based intelligent systems can improve the performance of public services, home automation, healthcare automation, public services, water supply, energy efficiency, and renewable energy. Intelligent systems are capable of implementing these features for manifold benefits in the areas of environmental behavior tracking, traffic monitoring, improved networked services, and social life services.
The Special Issue aims to gather recent advances in the area of machine intelligence embodied in sensor technologies for IoT-enabled smart city and building applications, welcoming contributions from both theoretical and practical aspects of the IoT ecosystems. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Sensor processing techniques for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Sensor based architectures, protocols, and algorithms in intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Real-time sensor data processing for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Scalable network infrastructures for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Intelligent-based smart buildings and smart city applications for sustainable eco-cities (for environmentally friendly transportation, waste management, eco-friendly buildings, etc.);
- Reliability, security, safety, privacy, and trust issues in intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Sensing, monitoring, and intelligent control for smart building and smart cities;
- Optimization methods for sensors and sensor-based intelligent systems for intelligent smart buildings and smart cities;
- Distributed and networked sensors for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Security, privacy and management for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- Sensor-based smart mobility and building automation for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart cities;
- QoE and QoS provisioning for intelligent-based smart buildings and smart city applications.
Dr. Md Arafatur Rahman
Dr. Taufiq Asyhari
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Computers is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.