A section of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
The Section “Nanostructured Catalysts” aims to publish promising recent research and novel trends in the design, synthesis, modelling, and catalytic application of nanomaterials, with a particular focus on green chemical processes.
This section encompasses catalysis by nanoparticles (including colloidal, supported, alloy, and core–shell structures), nanocomposites (where intimate contact is engineered between two or more unique phases at the nanoscale), and nanoporous materials (including zeolites and MOFs), and by single atoms or sites (including single atom alloys and immobilised homogeneous catalysts). Material classes include metals, oxides, semiconductors, carbons, and polymers.
Original contributions addressing the tailored synthesis and physicochemical characterization of such nanomaterials, their atomistic and/or molecular computational modelling and simulation, and those devoted to the development of quantitative structure–function relationships and associated predictors that offer fundamental insight into the nature of active sites and reaction mechanisms are welcome. Studies exploring the synthetic scale-up of nanocatalysts are also encouraged. Applications of nanocatalysts to new ‘benign-by-design’ and/or ultraselective chemical transformations are particularly desirable.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Development of Sunlight Responsive Nanostructured-Catalysts for Environmental Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- In Situ/Operando Characterization of Bimetallic Catalysts Employing Advanced Synchrotron-Based Techniques (Deadline: 15 July 2022)
- Mono- and Bimetallic Nanoparticles in Catalysis (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- Recent Advances on Nano-Catalysts for Biological Processes (Deadline: 10 August 2022)
- Hierarchically Porous Catalysts (Deadline: 20 August 2022)
- Nanostructures and Nanomaterials for Advanced Catalysis and Energy Conversion Applications (Deadline: 20 September 2022)
- 10th Anniversary of Catalysts: Feature Papers in Nanostructured Catalysts (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Advances in Graphene/Nanocomposites for Catalytic Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Reactivity and Structural Dynamics of Transition-Metal Nano-Catalysts (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Nanostructured Materials and Nanoparticles as Efficient Catalysts: Design and Mechanism (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Metallic Nanoparticles and Metal-Mediated Synthesis in Catalysis (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Design and Synthesis of Nanostructured Catalysts (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Methods and Applications for Enhancing the Catalytic Activity of Metal Nanoparticles (Deadline: 31 January 2023)
- Single-Atom Catalysts and MOF/COF Materials for Catalytic Application (Deadline: 20 February 2023)
- Synthesis, Characterization, or Applications of Novel Catalytic Nanoparticles (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Novel Nanocomposites with Enhanced Catalytic Performance: Synthesis and Structure (Deadline: 31 March 2023)