A section of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
The Section “Nanocatalysis” aims to publish promising recent research and novel trends in the design, synthesis, modelling, and catalytic application of nanomaterials, with a particular focus on green chemical processes.
This section encompasses catalysis by nanoparticles (including colloidal, supported, alloy, and core–shell structures), nanocomposites (where intimate contact is engineered between two or more unique phases at the nanoscale), and nanoporous materials (including zeolites and MOFs), and by single atoms or sites (including single atom alloys and immobilised homogeneous catalysts). Material classes include metals, oxides, semiconductors, carbons, and polymers.
Original contributions addressing the tailored synthesis and physicochemical characterization of such nanomaterials, their atomistic and/or molecular computational modelling and simulation, and those devoted to the development of quantitative structure–function relationships and associated predictors that offer fundamental insight into the nature of active sites and reaction mechanisms are welcome. Studies exploring the synthetic scale-up of nanocatalysts are also encouraged. Applications of nanocatalysts to new ‘benign-by-design’ and/or ultraselective chemical transformations are particularly desirable.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Direct Z-Scheme Photocatalysts (Deadline: 31 January 2021)
- Application of Metal-Based Nanocatalysts for Addressing Environmental Issues and Energy Demand (Deadline: 15 February 2021)
- Recent Developments in Nanostructured Palladium and Other Metal Supported on Carbon-Based Materials: Synthesis, Characterization, and Its Catalytic Activity for Reduction of Hexavalent Chromium (Deadline: 28 February 2021)
- Synergistic Effect in Gold Bimetallic Nanoparticles for Catalytic and Photocatalytic Processes (Deadline: 28 February 2021)
- Sustainable Carbon-Based Nanomaterials: Synthesis and Applications (Deadline: 15 March 2021)
- Metal Nanoparticle Catalysis (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Nanostructured Materials for Photo and Electro-Catalysis (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Advances in Self-Catalyzed Growth of Semiconductor Nanowires: Synthesis, Modeling and Optoelectronic Device Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Nanotechnology in Catalysis (Deadline: 15 April 2021)
- Micro/Mesoporous Materials in Catalysis (Deadline: 30 April 2021)
- The Stability of the Nanomaterial Catalysts (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Catalysis in Biorefinery (Deadline: 15 June 2021)
- Emerging Nanocatalysts for Efficient Oxygen Reduction, Oxygen Evolution and Hydrogen Evolution (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Heterogeneous Catalysts Optimization: From Material Design to Properties (Deadline: 15 July 2021)
- Nano-Structured Heterogenous Catalysts for Sustainable Energy and Environment (Deadline: 15 July 2021)
- Mono- and Bimetallic Nanoparticles in Catalysis (Deadline: 15 August 2021)
- Metallic Nanoparticles and Metal-Mediated Synthesis in Catalysis (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Nanoengineering of Catalysts by Atomic Layer Deposition (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Catalysts for Energy Applications (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Recent Advances on Nano-Catalysts for Biological Processes (Deadline: 31 December 2021)