A section of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
The Section “Nanostructured Catalysts” aims to publish promising recent research and novel trends in the design, synthesis, modelling, and catalytic application of nanomaterials, with a particular focus on green chemical processes.
This section encompasses catalysis by nanoparticles (including colloidal, supported, alloy, and core–shell structures), nanocomposites (where intimate contact is engineered between two or more unique phases at the nanoscale), and nanoporous materials (including zeolites and MOFs), and by single atoms or sites (including single atom alloys and immobilised homogeneous catalysts). Material classes include metals, oxides, semiconductors, carbons, and polymers.
Original contributions addressing the tailored synthesis and physicochemical characterization of such nanomaterials, their atomistic and/or molecular computational modelling and simulation, and those devoted to the development of quantitative structure–function relationships and associated predictors that offer fundamental insight into the nature of active sites and reaction mechanisms are welcome. Studies exploring the synthetic scale-up of nanocatalysts are also encouraged. Applications of nanocatalysts to new ‘benign-by-design’ and/or ultraselective chemical transformations are particularly desirable.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Mesoporous Nanostructured Materials for Heterogeneous Catalysis (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Nanomaterials for Photo- and Electrocatalytic Processes in Environmental and Energy Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Novel Nano-Heterojunctions with Enhanced Catalytic Activity (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Design and Synthesis of Nanostructured Catalysts, 2nd Edition (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Nanocomposite-Based Materials as Catalysts in the Treatment of Wastewater (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Nanomaterials in Catalysis: Design, Characterization and Applications (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Promising Photocatalytic Materials: Electron Transfer and Accumulation View (Deadline: 1 February 2024)
- Chiral Nanomaterials and Their Photo(Electro)catalytic Applications (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Novel Nanocomposites with Enhanced Catalytic Performance: Synthesis and Structure (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Hollow and Porous Micro-/Nanostructured Materials in Catalysis (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Nanotechnology in Catalysis, 2nd Edition (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Metal-Covalent Organic Frameworks for Efficient Photocatalytic Reactions (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Multi-Field-Assisted Catalysis in Nanostructured Materials (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Recent Advances on Nano-Catalysts for Biological Processes II (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Promising Nano-Porous Materials: Controlled Synthesis and Catalytic Performance (Deadline: 30 April 2024)