Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Natural and Bio-inspired Molecules
A section of Biomolecules (ISSN 2218-273X).
The Section Natural and Bio-inspired Molecules focuses on papers in the area of natural product research. Contributions may be related to the chemistry and/or biochemistry of naturally occurring compounds or the biology of living systems from which they are sourced, as well as the chemistry and biological properties of synthetic natural compounds derivatives and/or structurally related compounds. For example, they may be articles that describe specific secondary metabolites of microorganisms, including antibiotics and mycotoxins; physiologically active compounds from plants, or from animal sources; and biochemical studies, including biosynthesis and microbiological transformations, and the isolation, structure elucidation, chemical synthesis, and pharmacology of compounds from natural sources.
Articles related to the design and synthesis of new structures, inspired by those of natural compounds, in order to study and modulate their biological activities are also welcome. When new compounds are reported, manuscripts describing their biological activity are much preferred. Studies on complex mixtures of natural products must focus on specific compounds in regard to the pharmacological properties of the mixture.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Application and Mechanism of Natural Compounds in Dentistry II (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- An Update on Ginseng Research: Chemical Composition and Pharmacological Activity (Deadline: 15 July 2023)
- The Value of Natural Compounds as Therapeutic Agents (Deadline: 20 July 2023)
- Marine Natural Compounds with Biomedical Potential 2.0 (Deadline: 28 July 2023)
- Advances in Ginsenosides 2.0 (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Nature-Inspired Peptides in Medical Sciences II (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Hormonal Control of Plant Growth and Development (Deadline: 15 August 2023)
- Probiotics and Their Metabolites (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Biomolecules from Alga: Biological Effect and Pharmacological Properties Volume 2 (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Cannabinoid Receptors in the Central Nervous System (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- From Dietary Polyphenols to Senolytic Supplements in the Search of the “Fountain of Youth”—Honorary Special Issue Commemorating the Pioneering Work of Prof. Giulio Maria Pasinetti (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Evaluation and Formulation of Bioactive Terpenes (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Phytochemical Constituents and Medicinal Plants for the Treatment of Inflammatory Diseases in 2023 (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: