Natural and Bio-inspired Molecules
A section of Biomolecules (ISSN 2218-273X).
The Section Natural and Bio-inspired Molecules focuses on papers in the area of natural product research. Contributions may be related to the chemistry and/or biochemistry of naturally occurring compounds or the biology of living systems from which they are sourced, as well as the chemistry and biological properties of synthetic natural compounds derivatives and/or structurally related compounds. For example, they may be articles that describe specific secondary metabolites of microorganisms, including antibiotics and mycotoxins; physiologically active compounds from plants, or from animal sources; and biochemical studies, including biosynthesis and microbiological transformations, and the isolation, structure elucidation, chemical synthesis, and pharmacology of compounds from natural sources.
Articles related to the design and synthesis of new structures, inspired by those of natural compounds, in order to study and modulate their biological activities are also welcome. When new compounds are reported, manuscripts describing their biological activity are much preferred. Studies on complex mixtures of natural products must focus on specific compounds in regard to the pharmacological properties of the mixture.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Potential Mechanism of Natural-Based Biomolecules for Disease Treatment (Deadline: 22 May 2022)
- Phytochemical Constituents of Medicinal Plants for the Treatment of Inflammatory Disease 2021 (Deadline: 20 June 2022)
- Role of Melatonin in Plants (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Phytochemical Omics in Medicinal Plants 2.0 (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Cutting-Edge Research on the Analysis of Small Biomolecules in Foods, Plants, and Biological Samples (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Bioactive Natural Compounds against Animal and Human Pathogens (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Probiotics and Their Metabolites (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Novel Antiproliferative Molecules: The Challenge of the Target-Oriented Development of Anticancer and/or Antiprotozoal Agents (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Plant Polyphenols in the Immune and Inflammatory Responses (Deadline: 15 October 2022)
- Biomolecules from Essential Oil Bearing Plants: Biological and Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Biomolecules from Alga: Biological Effect and Pharmacological Properties Volume 2 (Deadline: 20 December 2022)
- The Value of Natural Compounds as Therapeutic Agents (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Advances in Ginsenosides 2.0 (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: