Snowbird Utah, USA
Building on the legacy of previous summer bioengineering conferences, we are proud to announce the new and expanded 2015 Summer Biomechanics, Bioengineering and Biotransport Conference (SB3C2015).
This conference, now organized and run independently of ASME, will include all the elements that have made previous meetings great. We will continue providing an outstanding scientific program including Plenary Lectures, Symposia, Workshops and Student Design and Paper Competitions.
The theme of this year’s conference will be “Synergy of Modeling and Experiments in Biomechanics, Bioengineering and Biotransport.” The meeting will include a broad range of topics related to the overall theme, among which we foresee the following:
- Workshops in which computation and experiment are compared head-to-head in complex, real-life systems
- Sessions on a priori design of studies that specifically integrate experiments and computations
- Sessions on complementary roles of computation and experiment in medical device approval and clearance
- Workshops on identification of data sets that are needed to validate and verify next-generation computational models
- Sessions where computation and experiment are leveraged to span multiple length scales
- Joint sessions with the Japanese Society of Mechanical Engineers BME division