Special Issue "Adaptive Dynamic Programming and Its Control Applications in Intelligent Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 December 2022 | Viewed by 488
Interests: adaptive dynamic programming; robot control; fault diagnosis and tolerant control; optimal control; artificial-intelligence-based control
Interests: adaptive dynamic programming; intelligent control; distributed control; trajectory planning
Adaptive dynamic programming (ADP) is a new interdisciplinary subject in artificial intelligence and control. ADP-based methods have effectively solved the control problems of large-scale complex nonlinear systems in the fields of transportation, logistics, power and process engineering, which has attracted the attention of many researchers. Therefore, this Special Issue intends to present new ideas and experimental results in the field of ADP and its control applications in intelligent systems.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improved design and analysis of ADP framework and theory;
- Combination of ADP and other control algorithms, such as fault-tolerant control, sliding mode control, adaptive control, fuzzy control, and robust control;
- Realization of ADP control techniques based on neural networks, fuzzy logic, fuzzy neural networks, etc.;
- ADP-based control techniques applied for unmanned systems, multi-agent systems, and complex nonlinear systems;
- Distributed cooperative optimization based on ADP;
- Data-based intelligent control based on ADP (reinforcement learning);
- Multiobjective optimal control based on ADP.
Dr. Bo Zhao
Dr. Xuejing Lan
Dr. Zhiwei Hou
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2300 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- adaptive dynamic programming
- optimal control
- intelligent control
- multi-agent systems
- unmanned systems
- complex nonlinear systems