Ecosystem, Environment and Climate Change in Agriculture
A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
Over the last decades, food production has increased considerably. However, with the increase in world population, agriculture is facing a considerable challenge: producing more in a more sustainable way. Additional knowledge and background information are needed about the relationships between agricultural intensification and sustainability, natural resources exploitation and environmental impact, innovative food systems and ecosystem services.
The Section “Ecosystem, Environment, and Climate Change in Agriculture” focuses on original research and reviews on interactions between agriculture, ecosystems, environment, and climate change. Within this framework, studies concerning the sustainable and efficient use of resources, the optimization of agricultural processes, environmental impact assessment and mitigation, and the sustainable exploitation of by-products and waste are welcome, as are other related topics in the form of both specialized and interdisciplinary manuscripts.
sustainable crop production; ecosystem services; mitigation solutions; life cycle assessment; impact assessment; precision agriculture and livestock; water–energy–food nexus
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Strategies for Nitrous Oxide Emission Mitigation in Agrosystems (Deadline: 15 June 2021)
- Conservation Agriculture for Ecosystem Services (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Occurrence, Fate and Behavior of Pesticides in Soil, Water and Air (Deadline: 20 August 2021)
- Green House Gas Emissions from Agriculture: Measurements, Modelling, Web Platforms and Applications (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- New Avenues for Agriculture Adaptation to Climate Change (Deadline: 20 September 2021)
- Agri-Environmental Value of Semi-Natural Grasslands: Degradation, Proper Management, and Restoration (Deadline: 20 October 2021)
- Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 November 2021)