A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section “Digital Agriculture” aims to advance scientific knowledge in the field of information technologies applied to agriculture. The section welcomes original papers and review articles that provide new insights into smart sensors and networks, automation and control systems, modeling, decision support systems, machine vision, image processing, telemetry, small medium and big data, data mining and analytics, and all of the hardware and software technologies that promote knowledge, sustainability, and the quality and profitability of agricultural operations. Attention will be given to field as well as laboratory experiments, to simulations and models on smart agricultures including, but not limited to, cereals and industrial crops, greenhouses, fruit orchards, vineyards, horticulture, and animal husbandry.
Agricultural researchers, biologists, data scientists, engineers, and information technology researchers are encouraged to provide significant and innovative contributions to promote digital transformation in agriculture.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Internet and Computers for Agriculture (Deadline: 25 August 2022)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 September 2022)
- The Application of Machine Learning in Agriculture (Deadline: 25 September 2022)
- Sensors Applied to Agricultural Products (Deadline: 20 October 2022)
- Remote-Sensing-Based Technologies for Crop Monitoring (Deadline: 20 October 2022)
- Internet of Things (IoT) for Precision Agriculture Practices (Deadline: 20 October 2022)
- Data-Driven Agricultural Innovations with Artificial Intelligence and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) (Deadline: 25 October 2022)
- Application of UAVs in Precision Agriculture (Deadline: 20 November 2022)
- Crop Monitoring and Weed Management Based on Sensor-Actuation Systems (Deadline: 20 November 2022)
- Application of Novel Approaches for Prediction, Detection, and Prevention of Animal Anomalies in Livestock Facilities (Deadline: 15 December 2022)
- Model-Assisted and Computational Plant Phenotyping (Deadline: 20 December 2022)
- Novel Applications of Optical Sensors and Machine Learning in Agricultural Monitoring (Deadline: 20 January 2023)
- Recent Advances in Agro-Geoinformatics (Deadline: 20 January 2023)
- Applications of Data Analysis in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 January 2023)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Derived Data for Crop and Rangeland Assessment (Deadline: 20 January 2023)