A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section “Digital Agriculture” aims to advance scientific knowledge in the field of information technologies applied to agriculture. The section welcomes original papers and review articles that provide new insights into smart sensors and networks, automation and control systems, modeling, decision support systems, machine vision, image processing, telemetry, small medium and big data, data mining and analytics, and all of the hardware and software technologies that promote knowledge, sustainability, and the quality and profitability of agricultural operations. Attention will be given to field as well as laboratory experiments, to simulations and models on smart agricultures including, but not limited to, cereals and industrial crops, greenhouses, fruit orchards, vineyards, horticulture, and animal husbandry.
Agricultural researchers, biologists, data scientists, engineers, and information technology researchers are encouraged to provide significant and innovative contributions to promote digital transformation in agriculture.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Latest Advances for Smart and Sustainable Agriculture (Deadline: 20 June 2021)
- Internet of Things (IoT) for Precision Agriculture Practices (Deadline: 15 August 2021)
- Digital Tools and Big Data Applications for the Agri-Food Sector (Deadline: 15 September 2021)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Crop Monitoring and Weed Management Based on Sensor-Actuation Systems (Deadline: 5 October 2021)
- Precision Viticulture and Enology: Technologies and Applications (Deadline: 15 October 2021)