A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section “Digital Agriculture” aims to advance scientific knowledge in the field of information technologies applied to agriculture. The section welcomes original papers and review articles that provide new insights into smart sensors and networks, automation and control systems, modeling, decision support systems, machine vision, image processing, telemetry, small medium and big data, data mining and analytics, and all of the hardware and software technologies that promote knowledge, sustainability, and the quality and profitability of agricultural operations. Attention will be given to field as well as laboratory experiments, to simulations and models on smart agricultures including, but not limited to, cereals and industrial crops, greenhouses, fruit orchards, vineyards, horticulture, and animal husbandry.
Agricultural researchers, biologists, data scientists, engineers, and information technology researchers are encouraged to provide significant and innovative contributions to promote digital transformation in agriculture.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Agricultural Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Smart Agriculture (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Precision Plant Pathology: A New Approach to the Study of Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Plant Diseases (Deadline: 25 October 2023)
- Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning for Smart Agriculture (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Application of Computer and Data Analysis in Crop Planning (Deadline: 20 November 2023)
- Model-Assisted and Computational Plant Phenotyping (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Precision Agriculture Technologies for Crop Management (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Intelligent Systems in Precision Agriculture: Data, Applications and Techniques (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Computer Vision and Sensor Networks in Agriculture (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Crop Monitoring and Weed Management Based on Sensor-Actuation Systems (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Artificial Intelligence, UAV, and Remote Sensing Applications for Precision Agriculture (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Application of Sensor Technologies in Livestock Farming (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Sensor-Based Precision Agriculture (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Development and Applications of E-infrastructure for Crop System Modeling and Crop Yield Forecasting (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture—Series II (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Agricultural Collaborative Robots for Smart Farming (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Multi- and Hyper-Spectral Imaging Technologies for Crop Monitoring (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Simulation of Crop System Response and Adaptation to Climate Change (Deadline: 25 February 2024)
- Application of Machine Learning and Data Analysis in Agriculture (Deadline: 25 February 2024)
- Computational, AI and IT Solutions Helping Agriculture (Deadline: 25 September 2024)