Special Issue "Tourist Destination Management in Times of Change: Emerging Issues"
A special issue of Administrative Sciences (ISSN 2076-3387).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 July 2021.
Interests: e-tourism; tourism competitiveness; smart tourism; hospitality and leisure
Interests: communication; emotional intelligence; gender; tourism
Interests: leadership; human behavior in tourism; tourism loyalty
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
The tourism industry has suffered enormously from the impact of the pandemic that we have experienced in recent months. The need for a real understanding of the changes and the necessary approaches to face the uncertainties that surround global tourism has led us to this Special Issue of Administrative Sciences.
Tourist destinations and their management have had to bear the cost of learning how to operate and how to stay resilient and make the right decisions in all their tourism policies in order to survive in these last few months.
We invite research papers and case studies with a focus on a wide range of topics that address the principles and practices of tourist destination management. Potential works may address the following lines but are not limited to them:
- Time of change and transformation of tourist destination
- Strategic issues in tourist destinations in times of change
- A review of tourism literature about tourist destinations
- Strategic innovation for tourist destinations based on convergence of technology
- Tourist destinations and responsible tourism demand
- New methods/research of scanning the environment for tourist destinations
- Strategies to overcome the damage caused by the pandemic in tourist destinations
- How governments hinder and help efforts toward tourist destination development
- Smart tourism in the new era of tourist destinations
- New leadership for tourist destinations
- Tourist destination and health
- Tourist destination and digital tourism
- Other related topics
Prof. Dr. Eduardo Parra-López
Dr. Almudena Barrientos-Báez
Dr. José Alberto Martínez- González
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Administrative Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- times of change in tourist destinations
- strategic innovation
- digital tourism
- technological convergence
- smart tourism