Special Issue "Corporate Governance and Innovation in Small Entrepreneurial Firms"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2019
Dr. Daniel Yar Hamidi
1. Department of Business Administration and Textile Management, University of Borås, 503 32 Borås, Sweden
2. School of Business, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton WV1 1LY, UK
Website | E-Mail
Interests: Corporate governance; entrepreneurship; small and medium enterprise development; intellectual property rights; innovation management
Innovation is an integral part of the entrepreneurial firm’s DNA and has been used as part of the definition of the entrepreneurial firm by scholars. While small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) are the backbone of the world economy (OECD, ACCA), entrepreneurial owner managed firms seems to make the lion part of SMEs engaging in innovation and growth.
With the ongoing and rapid change of the external environment and the recent technological as well as theoretical developments the scene is set for the entrepreneurial firms to innovate and contribute to prosperity and growth of the local, national and global markets. Open innovation, information and communication technology, new business models and value ecosystems are new chapters and openings for the entrepreneurial firm to build on and use as a platform for innovations. In this endeavour entrepreneurial firms need to deal with knowledge and skills, as well as its innovative applications as fundamental factors for performance, competitiveness and success. Who should initiate, how it can be done, how to follow up and measure etc. are important concerns for future research.
In this special issue we are especially interested in areas that include, but are not limited to:
- Governance and innovation in entrepreneurial firms
- Board of directors and innovation in entrepreneurial firms
- Owner’s directives and innovation in entrepreneurial firms
- Open innovation as strategic choice in entrepreneurial firms
- Board of directors and business model development in entrepreneurial firms
- Board of directors and determinants of innovation initiatives/actions in entrepreneurial firms
- Shareholders and determinants of innovation initiatives/actions in entrepreneurial firms
- Board of directors and performance measurement of innovation in entrepreneurial firms
- Board of directors building capacity for innovation in entrepreneurial firms
- Governance in partnership for innovation in entrepreneurial firms
All contributing authors with papers accepted or under review for this special issue will be invited to the CINet Conference for participation at dedicated workshops, tracks and/or symposia during 2019/2020. CINET 2019 is planned for 8-10th September in Odense, Denmark.
Dr. Daniel Yar Hamidi
Prof. Dr. Mats Magnusson
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Administrative Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Board of directors
- Decision making
- Corporate Governance