Special Issue "Big Data and Cognitive Computing: Feature Papers 2018"
A special issue of Big Data and Cognitive Computing (ISSN 2504-2289).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (10 December 2018).
Interests: big data analytics; cognitive systems; mobile cloud computing; IoT Sensing; cyberphysical systems; 5G networks; SDN; healthcare big data; emotion communications and robotics
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: big data analytics; deep learning; cognitive computing; cloud computing; supercomputing
This is a Special Issue of high quality papers (original research articles or comprehensive review papers) in open access format, by the Editorial Board Members, or those invited by the Editorial Board Members and the Editorial Office. Papers will be published, free of charge, after peer review. The scope of “Big Data and Cognitive Computing” includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
Big data, Clouds and Internet of Things (IoT)
- data storage and management
- data search and mining
- big data infrastructure and systems
- big data processing and analytics
- big data applications in science, Internet, finance, telecommunications, business, medicine, healthcare, government, transportation, industry, manufacture, etc.
- big data integrity and privacy
- big data models, algorithms, and architectures
- cloud computing and big data platform
- cloud services and big data applications
- IoT technologies for big data collections
- IoT sensing and cognitive IoT
- data-driven IoT intelligent applications
- 5G network and wireless big data
- machine learning and its applications in medicine, biology, industry, manufacturing, security, education, etc.
- deep learning
- artificial intelligence
- affect/emotion/personality/mind computing
- cognitive modeling
- cognitive informatics
- cognitive sensor-networks
- cognitive robots
- application of cognitive computing in health monitoring, intelligent control systems, bioinformatics, smart manufacturing, smart grids, image/video and signal processing, etc.
- robots and control systems
- natural language processing
- human–machine/robot interaction
Prof. Dr. Min Chen
Prof. Dr. Kai Hwang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Big Data and Cognitive Computing is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.