Special Issue "Visual Motion Processing"
A special issue of Vision (ISSN 2411-5150).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 January 2019)
For humans, and many other visually-oriented animals, interacting with a dynamic world requires the accurate analysis of visual motion information. The neural mechanisms of visual motion processing interact with those from other senses and cognitive functions, ultimately giving rise to (visual) motion perception and behavior. For this Special Issue on “Visual Motion Processing”, we invite a broad mixture of original and review articles aimed at understanding these neural mechanisms of visual motion processing and visual motion perception. We especially welcome contribution that focus on mechanistic understanding of the relationship between neural mechanisms and perception or behavior.
Suggested topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Linking neural mechanisms of motion processing and behavior.
- Cross-species comparisons of motion processing mechanisms.
- Multimodal motion perception (e.g., audiovisual, vestibulovisual).
- Motion processing and perception in health and disease.
- Motion processing in depth.
- Motion adaptation mechanisms.
- Contextual influences on motion processing and perception.
- The cortical and subcortical organization of motion processing mechanisms.
- Computational models of motion processing.
- The relation between object/shape processing and motion processing (e.g., structure from motion, motion from structure, perceptual binding, biological motion, implied motion).
- Conscious and unconscious contributions to motion processing.
- Reference frames for visual motion perception.
If you are considering writing a review article, please send us a brief proposal before submitting a full manuscript.
Dr. Chris Klink
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Vision is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived for well-prepared manuscripts submitted to this issue. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Neural mechanism
- Computational modeling
- Optical imaging