Viruses of Plants, Fungi and Protozoa
A section of Viruses (ISSN 1999-4915).
The types of articles that will be considered for this section include: reviews, regular research papers, and communications.
Scope of research topics for this section: Virus structure and assembly; Virus gene Expression; Virus Replication; Genome structure and evolution; Viral vectors; Host immunity. Mechanistic studies are particularly encouraged. Phylogeny and/or epidemiology studies will be considered if they meet the criteria for acceptability: Manuscripts should describe original results that provide new insights and contribute substantially to the field.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Genomics of Giant Viruses (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Plant Immunity to Virus Infections 2021 (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- State-of-the-Art Plant–Virus Interactions in Asia (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Closteroviridae (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Pros and Cons in the Use of Next-Generation Sequencing for Plant Virus Diagnosis (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Genomics in Plant Viral Research (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Plant Viral Translation and Resistance (Deadline: 15 October 2021)
- Host Factors in Plant Viral Infections (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- State-of-the-Art Cereal Virus Diseases in Asia and European Countries (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Advances in Oomycete Virus Research (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Seed-Borne and Seed-Transmitted Viruses (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: