Viruses of Plants, Fungi and Protozoa
A section of Viruses (ISSN 1999-4915).
The types of articles that will be considered for this section include: reviews, regular research papers, and communications.
Scope of research topics for this section: Virus structure and assembly; Virus gene Expression; Virus Replication; Genome structure and evolution; Viral vectors; Host immunity. Mechanistic studies are particularly encouraged. Phylogeny and/or epidemiology studies will be considered if they meet the criteria for acceptability: Manuscripts should describe original results that provide new insights and contribute substantially to the field.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Plant Virus Epidemiology and Control 2023 (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Plant Virology Applications in Human Health (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Plant Virus Interactions with Hosts: Mechanisms and Applications (Deadline: 30 December 2023)
- Emerging Fruit and Vegetable Viruses 2023 (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Genomics of Giant Viruses (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Tobamoviruses: Molecular Aspects and Resistance Regulation—a Special Issue Commemorating 125 Years of Research on Tobamoviruses (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Viroids and Satellites and Their Vector Interactions—This Special Issue Is Dedicated to the Memory of Theodor O. Diener Who Discovered Viroids (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Diversity and Coinfections of Plant or Fungal Viruses 2023 (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Plant Virus Metagenomics (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Crop Resistance to Viral Infections (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Next-Generation Sequencing in Plant Virology 2.0 (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Plant Virus Resistance (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Rapid and Accurate Detection of Plant Pathogens towards Improving Biovigilance-Based Crop Management Strategies (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Cereal Virus Diseases (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Plant Virus Spillovers (Deadline: 31 July 2024)
- Plant-Infecting Negative-Strand RNA Viruses (Deadline: 31 August 2024)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: