Travel Award 2019
As a journal, we like to promote good science of high quality. We also know that science is expensive and that often the first cost that people cut down on is conference attendance. However, we think it is important that especially young scientists have the opportunity to present their science publicly and not only in journals. Another important factor regarding conferences is the opportunity for young scientists to network with other scientists in the field, as this may broaden their vision in relation to their subject, which may subsequently lead to new, innovative ideas that will advance science substantially. Therefore ‘Veterinary Sciences’ wants to contribute to the participation of young scientists in conferences by launching a competitive call for travel grants. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief.
Prof. Dr. Patrick Butaye
PhD students or postdoctoral researchers involved in any aspect of Veterinary Sciences. Application subjects may cover all aspects covered by our journal. The applicant should attend an international conference in 2019 to present their research (poster or oral presentation).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- The conference name and website
- The applicant’s oral presentation or poster abstract
- Short CV, including a complete list of publications
- A justification letter (max. 500 words) describing the focus of their research, and what benefits the applicant will get from attending the conference.
- A letter of recommendation (max. 400 words) from a supervisor or PI (principal investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all the requirements.
Please apply by clicking the button above by 15 November 2018. The winner will be informed via email and also announced on the homepage of Veterinary Sciences by the middle of January 2019.
The award consists of 800 CHF (or 810 USD/720 EUR). The winner is welcome to publish one paper in Veterinary Sciences free of charge.