Aims and Scope:
Surfaces is a peer-reviewed open access journal focusing on fundamental aspects of chemistry and physics occurring at surfaces, interfaces and thin films; it aims to achieve a better understanding of surfaces and interfaces as well as their applications. Contributions range from basic phenomena at interfaces to complex interactions at surfaces. Surfaces publishes original research papers, reviews and communications on experimental and theoretical research related to surfaces in chemistry, physics, biology, nanoscience, materials science and engineering, environmental and food science.
The scope of Surfaces covers, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Preparation, functionalization and modification of surfaces and interfaces
- Advanced characterization methods of surfaces and interfaces
- Deposition and growth of thin films
- 2D materials and heterostructures
- Surface and interface physics
- Theoretical and computational studies of surfaces and interfaces
- Surface chemistry and reactivity applied to heterogeneous catalysis, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, electrified interfaces, semiconductors, sensors, surface devices and self-assembled layers
- Coatings and interface engineering
- Adsorption techniques, porous materials and membranes
- Biosurface Science, biointerfaces and interfacial phenomena in biology and nanomedicine, biomimetic materials surfaces
- Surface functionalization applied in energy conversion and storage, environmental, food, and medical applications
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Surfaces is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Surfaces will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.