Analysis of Food and Beverages
A section of Separations (ISSN 2297-8739).
Separations has launched specialized sections to promote the publication of high-quality articles on basic and applied topics of chromatography and other separation techniques. In this sense, the Section "Food and Beverage Analysis" offers to scholars a specific forum for a rapid publication of original articles and reviews on food analysis, with special emphasis on new challenges and trends. Currently, techniques such as liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, and capillary electrophoresis are essential to characterize, classify, and authenticate a wide range of agri-food products. Beyond these well-established options, papers based on new instrumental techniques, such as ion mobility spectrometry and microchip-based devices, will also be welcome.
Another hot topic in this Section will be the assessment of food quality. The scientific community is increasingly concerned with the authentication of attributes such as origin, varieties, agricultural and manufacturing practices, etc. In this regard, the conjunction of separation methods with chemometrics has opened great opportunities for a more comprehensive analysis of chromatographic or electrophoretic data.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication in this Section will undergo a rigorous peer-review process, and decisions made will be based on recommendations from independent reviewers. With everyone's efforts, we hope to increase the impact of our contributions in the field of Analytical Chemistry.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Separation and Determination of Food's Bioactive Compounds Content Changes in Different Culture Conditions and Post-harvest Practices (Deadline: 30 May 2022)
- Chemical Analysis of Bioactive Compounds in Food (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Advances in the Analysis of Food Constituents, Residues, and Contaminants (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Applications of Liquid Chromatography – Tandem Mass Spectrometric Technique for the Detection and Quantification of Contaminants in Food Samples (Deadline: 20 June 2022)
- Food Quality and Safety: Advances in Analytical Methods and Applications (Deadline: 10 July 2022)
- Extraction and Analysis of Biologically Active Substances in Food and Beverages (Deadline: 20 July 2022)
- Identification and Characterization of Biologic Active Compounds from Different Fruits and Medicinal Plants (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- Development of Highly Efficient Separation-Based Analytical Methods for Food Integrity Assurance (Deadline: 10 August 2022)
- Separation and Determination of Veterinary Drugs in Feed, Food and Biological Matrices by Mass Spectrometry (Deadline: 20 September 2022)
- Characterization of Functional Foods by Chromatographic and Electrophoretic Methods (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Chemical and Biological Technology Applied in Natural Food Products Analysis (Deadline: 10 October 2022)
- Identification and Analysis of Compounds in Food Samples (Deadline: 20 October 2022)
- Spectroscopic, Chromatographic, and Chemometric Techniques Applied in Food Products Characterization (Deadline: 28 October 2022)
- Application of Mass Spectrometry in Food and Beverages Analysis (Deadline: 30 October 2022)
- Application of Separation Methods in Food Analysis (Deadline: 10 November 2022)
- Analysis of the Main Classes of Lipid (Fat and Oil) Components in Food and Blood by Using HPLC and Gas Chromatographic Techniques (Deadline: 29 November 2022)
- Determination of Pesticides and Drug Residues by Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (Deadline: 20 December 2022)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: