Special Issue "Big Data Driven IoT for Smart Cities"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2019
Recent years have witnessed billions of sensors, devices, and vehicles being connected to our cyberspace. Every day, all these smart things are generating massive data calculated in ZettaBytes. As our cities become smarter, we are also facing brand new opportunities and challenges. Multimedia data sensing and processing, together with resource allocation, quality of service (QoS) optimization, security and privacy, platforms, tools, etc., have been a major objective, and critical for big-data-driven IoT. Emerging technologies and paradigms including fog/edge computing, deep learning, network function virtualization, mobile crowdsensing, and 5G are in urgent need of playing roles on this new stage.
This Special Issue aims to report the state-of-the-art technologies in big-data-driven IoT for smart cities. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Multimedia big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Resource allocation and data management for smart cities
- QoS/QoE-aware optimization in big data driven IoT for smart cities
- Cloud computing and big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Software-defined networking and big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Fog/edge computing and big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Network functions virtualization in big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Machine learning and big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Mobile crowdsensing and big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Security and privacy in big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Green communications and networking in big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- 5G applications and big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
- Novel algorithms, models, frameworks, platforms in big-data-driven IoT for smart cities
Dr. Kaoru Ota
Dr. Jun Wu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Big data
- Internet of things
- Smart cities
- Cloud computing
- Software-defined networking
- Fog/edge computing
- Network function virtualization
- Machine learning