We are pleased to announce that the Psych 2021 PhD Thesis Award is now open for applications. This prize will be awarded to one PhD student who is about to graduate or participate in their graduation thesis defense. All applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee led by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Thomas E. Schläpfer.
- The candidate must be a PhD student about to graduate or participate in their graduation thesis defense.
- The PhD thesis must be original work in the area of psychiatric sciences and psychology.
- The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 September 2020 and 31 October 2021.
- Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, around 3000 words;
- A letter from a PhD supervisor that recommends the candidate for consideration for this award;
- The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
- An electronic copy of the PhD thesis.
- Originality and impact of the research;
- Novelty of the PhD thesis;
- Quality of CV and publications;
- Strength of the recommendation letter;
- Anticipated academic impact.
- Bonus (600 CHF).
- A certificate.
Please submit your application materials online by 31 October 2021. The winner will be announced on the Psych website by the end of December 2021.