A section of Journal of Risk and Financial Management (ISSN 1911-8074).
The Risk section aims to publish leading research on financial risk and risk management. It focuses on research related to risk in the financial sphere but is also interested in research tackling other types of risks at the corporate, institutional, and/or regulatory level that are perceived to be important and interconnected (for example, various operational risks). Risk management builds bridges between the academic study of risk and the day-to-day application of risk management principles in a variety of real-world settings.
Among the finance topics covered in the section are financial risk management, including dynamic forecasting of financial distress; exchange rate exposure and financial crises; risk quantification in turmoil markets; and financial stress testing. The section publishes research relevant to banks and insurance companies, asset management companies, and nonfinancial corporations.
Risk management serves an audience of practitioners, regulators, academics, and others who are interested in quantitative perspectives on contemporary issues, and practices in the field, as well as both theoretical and practical advances.
Prof. Dr. Thanasis Stengos
- Financial Risk & Economic Risk
- Credit Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Market Risk
- Operational Risk
- Volatility Risk
- Systemic Risk
- Political Risk
- Risk Management and Analysis
- Risk Prediction
- Risk Modelling
- Risk Taking
- Risk Hedging
- Project Risk Management
- Actuarial Sciences
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Financial Risks Management in Higher Education (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Advances in Predictive Analytics and Systemic Risks in Finance and Insurance (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Innovative Approaches to Evaluating Credit Risk: Data, Models and Strategies (Deadline: 15 June 2024)
- Risk Behavior and Health (Deadline: 31 October 2024)