Tourism: Economics, Finance and Management
A section of Journal of Risk and Financial Management (ISSN 1911-8074).
This section publishes leading research on tourism economics, finance, and management. It covers the business aspects of tourism in the wider context and takes account of constraints on development, such as social and community interests, global environmental change, and the sustainable use of tourism and recreation resources, and inputs into the production process.
We encourage the submission of articles critically discussing the implications of the growth paradigm in tourism; ecological economic approaches to sustainable tourism; supply and value chain studies of tourism; corporate responsibility and CSR; tourism and appropriate development; comparative analyses of sustainable tourism development between countries and destinations; and the economic organization of tourism at micro and macro levels (market structure, role of public/private sectors, community interests, strategic planning, marketing, finance, and economic development). Both orthodox and heterodox economic contributions are welcome.
- Tourism economics and policy
- Tourism marketing
- Tourism impacts, planning, and management
- Tourism, technology, and competitive strategies
- Tourism industry (development, current trends, crisis management, challenges facing, sectors, structure)
- Regulation of the international, national and regional tourism industry
- Tourism market structures and competition
- Tourism development and economic growth
- Corporate social responsibility and tourism
- Sustainable tourism consumption and production and degrowth
- Tourism, risk management and insurance
- Financial, economic and management dimensions of tourism and global environmental change
- Disasters and their assessment and implications for tourism
- Ecological and green economics and tourism
- Sanctions, boycotts and the implications of political consumerism for tourism
- Macromarketing and tourism
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Economics of Transport and Tourism (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Tourist Destination Management and Regional Economic Development (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Circular Economy in Tourism (Deadline: 20 January 2023)