Special Issue "Image-Guided Medical Robotics"
A special issue of Journal of Imaging (ISSN 2313-433X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 September 2018)
Image-guided medical robotics has been significantly advanced with the help of robotic technologies, as can be witnessed from numerous industrial and research outcomes. Various robotic platforms have been proposed and developed to further reduce the invasiveness of robot-assisted surgery, accelerate recovery, improve patient quality of life, and increase accuracy and precision of cancer diagnosis and treatment. However, there are still challenges to implementing robotic technology in image-guided therapies, such as the design of workflow, control, sensors, actuators, and materials for specific clinical applications.
The purpose of this Special Issue is to present papers addressing state-of-the-art research achievements and advances in image-guided interventional software and hardware technologies, and to discuss potential challenges from the clinical point of view. Particularly, emphasis is being placed on researching and developing medical robots that address clinical pain points, and successfully translate from benchtop to bedside, making real impact in hospital settings.
Assoc. Prof. Zion Tse
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Imaging is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- MR-, CT, Cone Beam CT, Ultrasound-guided needle insertion devices
- MRI compatible surgical robotic systems
- Image processing for needle and tissue visualization
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning applications in image-guided therapies and image-based diagnosis
- Augment reality, mixed reality and smartphone applications in image-guided therapies and image-based diagnosis
- Robotics-assisted needle steering
- Robotic endoscope and catheter, medical image processing
- Actuators and sensors for needle deflection measurement
- Design of workflow, control, sensors, actuators, and materials for specific clinical applications
- Path planning and feedback control for needle steering
- Needle modelling, tissue modelling and needle-tissue interaction modelling
- Modelling, design, and fabrication of steerable needles
- Steering of continuum-style robots for minimally-invasive surgery
- Clinical translation issues