Special Issue "Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Era"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 November 2021) | Viewed by 7291
Interests: Digital IT Strategy; Enterprise Architecture; Digital Platform; Internet of Things; Artificial Intelligence; Cloud computing; Data Architecture; Management and Leadership
Enterprise architecture (EA) is expected to contribute to the design of large integrated systems, that face a major technical challenge toward the era of Digital IT. From a comprehensive perspective, EA covers all enterprise artifacts—such as business, organization, applications, data, and infrastructure—to establish current architecture visibility and a future architecture/roadmap. EA frameworks need to address rapid change in the emerging new trends and requirements that affect EA, such as enterprise mobile IT, cloud computing, big data, Internet of Things (IoT), social tool and artificial intelligence (AI) in the Digital IT era.
Therefore, the purpose of this Special Issue is to cope with the remaining gaps in the literature and try to deploy the data driven or data informed approach of EA in digitization and digitalization efforts. Investigators in the field are invited to contribute with their original, unpublished works. Both research and review papers are welcome.
For this Special Issue, we welcome a wide range of original and high-quality EA papers, including both conceptual and empirically validated work (see our topic list). We seek papers which are original, innovative and which can extend existing EA concepts and approach. Excellent papers will push state of the art EA fields as best practice and further thinking in this field and advance our understanding of EA in the Digital IT era.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- EA in the digital IT era.
- -Data Informed or Data Driven approach in digital transformation.
- -IoT, AI and Cognitive Computing focused approach in digital transformation.
- EA for intelligent platforms and ecosystems, intelligent products and services, intelligent assistants, and context and human-centered architecture.
- EA and the context of Digital Strategy and Digital Governance.
- EA artifacts in the digital IT era.
- -Data Informed or Data Driven approach for digital transformations.
- -IoT, AI focused approach in digital transformation.
- The role of EA with information strategy in innovative and agile firms.
- -Manufacturing industry, Healthcare industry, Financial industry, Robotics industry.
- EA resources, competences, digital and data capabilities.
- EA and organizational benefits with information.
- EA as a facilitator of strategic alignment with digital and information strategy.
- EA design and organizational information architecture.
Dr. Yoshimasa Masuda
Prof. Dr. Alfred Zimmermann
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.