Special Issue "The Evolutionary History of the Coleoptera"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 October 2019
Prof. Dr. Alexander G. Kirejtshuk
This Special Issue is devoted to the following topics:
- The revision of fossil groups of different taxonomic rank, redescription of fossil species in need of re-examination, and description of new taxa;
- Peculiar features of Coleoptera from compression fossils, amber inclusions, and other types of fossils;
- Specific methods of study of different kinds of coleopterous fossils;
- Estimation of data on fossils from various outcrops for paleofaunistic comparison and methods of reconstruction of faunistic dynamics in time;
- Possibilities of comparison of extinct and extant species and groups of Coleoptera and methods of establishing the relationship between fossil and recent groups;
- Evolutionary history of the order Coleoptera, its basal diversification and relationship with the phylogenetic branches (clades) of Coleoptera.
Dr. Alexander G. Kirejtshuk
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Geosciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 850 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- methods of study
- evolutionary history