Special Issue "Recent Advances on Sediment Transport and River Morphodynamics"
A special issue of Geosciences (ISSN 2076-3263).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (25 November 2021).
Interests: sediment transport processes; river morphodynamics; riparian vegetation; bank erosion processes; vegetation; experimental and numerical hydraulic modeling
The linkage between sediment transport processes and morphodynamics is one of the most fascinating and challenging topics in river hydraulics, which has drawn the attention of many researchers in the last few decades.
This Special Issue moves from the knowledge of basic processes regarding sediment transport and river morphodynamics towards the most recent advances in this field; contributions on, but not limited to, the following specific subjects are welcome:
- Sediment transport processes and sediment non-uniformity affecting river morphodynamics;
- Evolution processes in natural rivers, such as sand and gravel bed rivers, and possible strategies for optimal management (e.g., gravel or sand nourishment, correction of morphology);
- Morphodynamic processes in meandering and braided rivers;
- Active dynamics in highly human impacted rivers, and optimal strategies for river restoration;
- Bank erosion and/or bank accretion, and possible feedbacks with channel evolution;
- The role of vegetation in shaping the river environment, and possible feedbacks with sediment transport and morphodynamics.
The submitted papers may favor the most suitable research approach or a combination thereof. The theoretical model, field or experimental investigations, and numerical modeling are encouraged; moreover, case studies can be included in the paper to highlight practical applications for river engineers and managers.
Dr. Simona Francalanci
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Geosciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Sediment transport
- Erosion and sedimentation processes
- Gravel and sand-bed rivers
- Meandering river
- Braided river
- Bank erosion processes
- Morphodynamic modeling
- Vegetation dynamics