Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Future Computing for Real Time Intelligent Systems"
A special issue of Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2018).
Interests: data stream mining; big data; advanced analytics; bio-inspired optimization algorithms and applications; business intelligence; e-commerce; biomedical applications; wireless sensor networks
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: Machine Learning; Web Intelligence; Big Data; IIoT; Health Informatics
Tel. 807 3438224
Interests: collaborative learning; Internet of Things; social networking
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Real-Time Computing covers a broad spectrum of the intensively developing area of low-latency priority-driven system responsiveness under certain time constrains, as well as essential and decisive human-computer and/or machine-to-machine interactions constantly using incoming data streams. Research on real-time intelligent systems is of a multi-disciplinary nature, exploiting concepts from areas as diverse as signal processing technologies, computational intelligence, location systems, data processing, digital document processing, image recognition, and embedded system design. To accomplish the goals of its real-time performance, systematic analysis is carried out when systems are working.
Over the past few decades, real-time intelligent computing has radically transformed human lifestyles. In today's competitive and highly dynamic environment, analyzing data in real time is a must to understand, in detail, the insights from underlying behavioral patterns, as well as how systems are processing data, so to reason outputs and anticipate trends in intelligent computing, have become critical.
To leverage the full potential of this opportunity, to build complex real-time systems, intense research is required and this conference will serve as one such platform for ongoing research in real time intelligent systems.
The objective of this Special Issue is to compile and publish novel ideas relating to the areas of real-time systems, especially on new applications, data stream mining, and related big data analytic technology. We would like to solicit contributions from researchers from different disciplines, industrial practitioners, government agencies, and academia to discuss new ideas, research questions, recent results, and future challenges in real time intelligent systems. The best papers from the conference are solicited, which are theoretically grounded, methodologically sound, from academia and industry, which address a variety of aspects and innovations related to real-time computing systems.
Assoc. Prof. Simon James Fong
Prof. Sabah Mohammed
Prof. Jinan Fiaidhi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Streaming data, streaming engines
- Big data systems and applications for high-velocity data
- Analysis in advanced domains such as energy, sensors, etc.
- Artificial intelligence
- Broadband intelligence
- Cloud computing and intelligence
- Collaborative intelligence
- Crowdsourcing and crowd intelligence
- Data capture in real-time
- Intelligent database systems
- Data mining
- Intelligent data analysis
- OLAP for real-time decision support
- Data quality and cleansing
- Intelligent fuzzy systems
- Event-driven analytics
- Visualizing real-time data and information
- Intelligent soft computing
- Privacy and security in intelligence
- Architectures for intelligence
- Internet of things
- Intelligent robotic systems
- Smart services and platforms
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Mobile smart systems
- Trace-based intelligent real-time services (eye-tracking, image tracking)
- Real-time intelligent alert systems
- Machine translation in real time
- Multilingual information access
- Multiagent intelligent systems
- Intelligent information systems
- Adaptive vision algorithms
- Real-time intelligent network solutions
- Real-time distributed coding
- Real-time modelling user’s information needs
- Real-time noise removal systems
- Real-time intelligent communication
- Real-time remote access systems
- Decision support systems in real time
- Real-time multiprocessor systems