Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "AI Technology on Dynamic Distributed IoT, Wireless, and Next-Generation Networking"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2019).
With the emerging technologies in Internet of Things (IoT), wireless, and next-generation networking, such as 5G networks, there is potential for acquiring and processing a tremendous amount of data from such dynamic distributed networks. On a technological level, the enormous amount of explosive data generated from IoT, wireless, and next-generation networks can be highly unstructured, heterogeneous, and unpredictable.
On the other hand, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been extensively applied to domains in pattern or speech recognition, and related detection systems, such as outlier detection. However, the successful deployment for network operations, management, and applications on AI has been limited. This Special Issue is organized to discuss the state-of-the-art for the emerging technology, applications, and problems using AI, especially applications in the fields of dynamic distributed IoT, wireless, and next-generation networking issues.
This Special Issue solicits contributions from the field of IoT, wireless, and next-generation networking data analytics using AI technologies. Each submitted paper should cover solutions with the state-of-the-art and novel approaches for the related problems and challenges in AI perspectives. Topics to be discussed in this Special Issue include but are not limited to the following:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI);
- Innovative AI incentive schemes;
- Distributed AI algorithms and techniques;
- Machine learning;
- Neural networks and applications;
- Data mining;
- Internet of Things (IoTs);
- Wireless sensor and actuator networks (WSANs);
- IPv6 over the time-slotted channel hopping mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6TiSCH);
- IoT system collaboration, cooperation mechanisms, and interoperability issues;
- Security for IoT, WSN, SDN, and AI applications;
- Advanced technology of IoT and applications;
- Machine-2-machine (M2M) communications and interaction across application domains;
- Software-defined networking (SDN) technology, system, and architecture;
- QoS/QoE, performance evaluation, and integrated networks in SDN;
- Next-generation networking technologies;
- 5G networks and beyond technologies;
- 5G networking applications and slice management;
- Attacks and threads detection in 5G network slicing.
Prof. Dr. Lin-huang Chang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- machine learning
- 5G networks
- network slicing
- dynamic distributed networks