Dentistry Journal Awards
Travel Award 2019 (500 CHF)
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards for postdoctoral fellows and PhD students to attend an international conference of their choice in 2019. The Awards will consist of 500 Swiss Francs each. The winners can also publish a paper in Dentistry Journal free of charge. The nominations and applications will be assessed by the Evaluation Committee chaired by the
Prof. Dr. Dr. Claude Jaquiéry
- Applicants must be Postdoctoral Fellows or Ph.D students involved in dentistry and related fields.
- Applicants must present their research (oral presentation or poster) at the conference in 2019.
Required Application Documents:
- Outline of current and future work (500 words).
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of publications.
- The conference you will attend (list the conference name and its website), and an abstract that will be presented.
- Recommendation letter from the supervisor, research director, or department head that also confirms the applicant’s status as a Postdoctoral Fellow or Ph.D student.
Please submit your applications at the link (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/dentistry/awards) by 30 December 2018. The winners will be informed via email and also announced on the Dentistry Journal website by 28 February 2019.
Travel Award 2018
As the Editor-in-Chief of the Dentistry Journal, I am pleased to announce the winner of the 2018 Dentistry Journal Travel Award: Michele Tepedino, Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the Department of Biotechnological and Applied Clinical Sciences at University of L’Aquila, Italy.
Dr. Michele Tepedino’s research involves impacted canines, clear aligners and orthodontic miniscrews and the use of hydroabrasion for orthodontic purposes. He will present his research “Enamel surface evaluation after orthodontic debonding: comparing rotating instruments and hydroabrasion” at the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) 2018 Annual Meeting, 4–8 May 2018, in Washington, USA.
It was a difficult decision, given the exceptional quality of many applications for the award, and, on behalf of the award committee, we would like to thank all applicants and to congratulate Dr. Michele Tepedino for his accomplishments.
The award consists of 800 Swiss Francs to attend any academic conference in the second half year of 2017 or first half year of 2018.
Editor-in-Chief, Dentistry Journal