Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
2–4 September 2020, ZHAW, Winterthur, Switzerland
The workshop will act as a major forum for international researchers and practitioners working in all areas of neural network- and machine learning-based pattern recognition to present and discuss the latest research, results, and ideas in these areas. ANNPR is the biannual workshop organized by the Technical Committe 3 (IAPR TC3) on Neural Networks & Computational Intelligence of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR).
The Zuerich region is the hub of the digital economy in Switzerland, hosting companies like Google, NVIDIA, IBM and Facebook with a high natural affinity to neural networks and pattern recognition. It is also host to world famous universities such as ETH Zuerich and University of Zurich UZH, as well as to several universities of applied sciences including ZHAW. The Swiss AI Institute IDSIA in Lugano, as well as the Swiss Data Science Center SDSC by ETH Zuerich and EPFL Lausanne complete the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning landscape in the region.
Among the previous editions of the workshop were ANNPR 2018 (Siena, Italy), ANNPR 2016 (Ulm, Germany), ANNPR 2014 (Montreal, Canada), ANNPR 2012 (Trento, Italy), ANNPR 2010 (Cairo, Egypt), ANNPR 2008 (Paris, France) and ANNPR 2006 (Ulm, Germany).
ANNPR 2020 invites papers that present original work in the areas of neural networks and machine learning oriented to pattern recognition, focusing on their algorithmic, theoretical, and applied aspects. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Supervised, semi-supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Deep learning & deep reinforcement learning
- Feed-forward, recurrent, and convolutional neural networks
- Generative models
- Interpretability & explainability of neural networks
- Robustness & generalization of neural networks
- Meta-learning, Auto-ML
Applications to Pattern Recognition:
- Image classification and segmentation
- Object detection
- Document analysis, e.g. handwriting recognition
- Sensor-fusion and multi-modal processing
- Biometrics, including speech and speaker recognition and segmentation
- Data, text, and web mining
- Bioinformatics and medical applications
- Industrial applications, e.g. quality control and predictive maintenance
ANNPR 2020 is organized by the Technical Committee 3 (IAPR TC3) on Neural Networks & Computational Intelligence of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR). As such, we particularly encourage submissions that fit the Manifesto and the research directions of the TC3 (see http://iapr-tc3.diism.unisi.it/Research.html).