Coatings 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award (500 CHF)
The journal Coatings (MDPI, Switzerland, ISSN 2079-6412, mdpi.com/journal/coatings/) is inviting applications for the Coatings 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a Ph.D. student who is about to graduate or participate in a graduation thesis. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Coatings Editorial Board.
– The candidate must be a Ph.D. student who is going to graduate or participate in a graduation thesis defense.
– The Ph.D. thesis must be original work.
– The Ph.D. thesis must be defended from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
– Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
a. An executive summary of the Ph.D. thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
b. A letter from the Ph.D. supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
c. The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
d. An electronic copy of the Ph.D. thesis;
e. A scanned copy of the Ph.D. diploma (or certificate confirming study at a school or research institute as a Ph.D. student going to graduate or participate in a graduation thesis defense).
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 500);
– Offer to publish a featured paper in Coatings with the article processing charge (APC) waived before the end of 2022.
How to apply?
– Please submit your application online.
The application deadline is 1 July 2022. The winner will be announced on the Coatings website by the end of August 2022
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions.