Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Parallel String Matching Algorithms and Applications"
A special issue of Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2019.
Interests: algorithms on text searching; parallel and distributed computing; computational methods
We are glad to announce the upcoming Special Issue dedicated to parallel string-matching algorithms and applications. With the recent advances in big text data processing and applications, this Special Issue aims to provide a comprehensive view of the efficient design and implementation of string-matching algorithms for parallel and distributed computing environments (such as multicores, manycores, clusters, CPU/GPUs, grids, p2p, and clouds). We invite researchers and professionals to submit theoretical or practical contributions that aim to present ideas, techniques, and results of parallel computing in all aspects of string matching and related applications (exact/approximate string matching, single/multiple string matching, 2D string matching, and compressed string processing). Manuscripts that focus on research of sequential string-matching algorithms are welcome. Both original research and comprehensive review/survey papers are also welcome.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following areas:
- String matching algorithms (exact/approximate, single/mutiple, two-dimensional, text compression, etc.);
- Parallel string-matching algorithms using OpenMP and/or MPI;
- Parallel string-matching algorithms targeting GPUs and many-cores accelerators;
- Parallel string-matching applications exploiting FPGA;
- Distributed string matching algorithms;
- Performance study and analysis of large-scale string-matching applications;
- Libraries for string matching on parallel platforms;
- Applications of string matching in natural language processing, computational linguistics, information retrieval, text/opinion mining, text plagiarism, sentiment analysis, bioinformatics, computational biology, intrusion detection, security, etc.
Prof. Dr. Panagiotis D. Michailidis
Prof. Dr. Konstantinos G. Margaritis
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Algorithms is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- parallel computing
- distributed computing
- exact string matching
- approximate string matching
- multiple string matching
- two-dimensional string matching
- information retrieval
- text mining