A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section "Agricultural Technology" aims to publish high-quality scientific contributions providing novel insights into the impact of the development and the diffusion of scientific and technical knowledge related to engineering, equipment, machinery, and mechanics in agricultural, animal husbandry forestry, and green areas.
The design and construction aspects of the machinery and plants for the processes, as well as the methods, techniques, and technologies to optimize their performance in energy, environmental, economic, and social terms (e.g., safety of plant and machinery) are included.
Studies concerning motors, thermotechnical, microbiological transformations, precision agriculture, automation of machines, precision farming machinery; geospatial information, smart animal housing, IOT and big data for smart agricultural systems, agrivoltaics technologies and the treatment and conversion of biomass into energy and biofuels for traction will be considered.
agriculture 4.0; agrivoltaics; automation; big data; biofuels; biomass; energy; equipment; ergonomics; GIS; IOT; logistics; machines; mechatronics; mechanization; motors; plant; precision farming; process control; robotization; safety; sensors; smart farming
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Soil Mechanical Systems and Related Farming Machinery (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Intelligent Agricultural Machinery and Robots: Embracing Technological Advancements for a Sustainable and Highly Efficient Agricultural Future (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Innovative and Sustainable Biorefinery Processes for Food Waste Valorization towards Circular Bioeconomy in Modern Agriculture and Agro-Industry (Deadline: 25 October 2023)
- Application of Spectroscopy and Sensor Technology in Agricultural Products—Series II (Deadline: 25 October 2023)
- Agricultural Machinery Design and Agricultural Engineering (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Innovative Technologies for Sustainable Crop Production in Controlled Environment Agriculture (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Pesticide Application Technology in Cropping Systems (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Beyond Agriculture 4.0: Design and Development of Modern Agricultural Machines and Production Systems (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Preharvest and Postharvest Factors Influencing Biological Active Compounds in Horticultural Commodities (Deadline: 20 November 2023)
- Advancing Animal Welfare: Precision Livestock Farming Technologies for Monitoring and Preventing Abnormal Behavior (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Laser in Agriculture (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Advanced Research on Information Collection, Modeling, and Control Used in Facility Agriculture (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Technological Innovation for Measurements on Crop Physiological and Agronomic Traits (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Application of Chromatography and Spectroscopy in Agriculture (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Application of Mechatronics in Agriculture (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Computer Vision for Intelligent Crop Identification and Crop Protection (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Advances in Modern Agricultural Machinery (Deadline: 25 December 2023)
- Agricultural Machinery and Technology for Fruit Tree Management (Deadline: 25 December 2023)
- Optimization of Livestock Housing Management (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- The Application of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Innovative Technology and Intelligent Equipment for Field Crop Mechanization Production (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Agricultural Waste—Status and Future Prospects (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Latest Research on Agricultural Waste Management (Deadline: 10 February 2024)
- Preparation and Application of Biochar in Agricultural Systems (Deadline: 25 April 2024)
- Research on Resource Utilization of Green Agricultural Waste (Deadline: 25 May 2024)
- Feature Papers in Agriculture Technology—Using Computer Simulation for Agricultural Machinery Design and Development (Deadline: 25 July 2024)