Special Issue "CO2 Capture, Utilization, and Storage"
A special issue of ChemEngineering (ISSN 2305-7084).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 May 2019).
Interests: process systems engineering; process synthesis; process intensification; modeling and optimization; agile design; carbon capture, utilization, and storage; natural gas utilization
We are delighted to invite you to contribute to a Special Issue of the journal ChemEngineering dedicated to “CO2 Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS)”. CCUS has the potential to address the vast majority of anthropogenic CO2 emissions. However, significant advances in materials, processes and supply chains are required towards developing cost-effective, scalable CO2 capture, utilization and storage technologies across industrial sectors. In this context, this issue aims to gather novel developments in the field of CCUS. Topics include advances in the following areas, but are not limited to them:
- Enabling methods and tools:
- Computer-aided design, optimization, control and integration of CCUS processes, technologies, and supply chains
- Molecular systems engineering for CCUS
- Multiscale methods for CCUS
- Enabling technologies for cost-effective, scalable CCUS:
- Process development for absorption, adsorption, membrane, etc.
- Unconventional technologies for CO2 capture, utilization, and storage
- CCUS Process intensification
- Materials (solvent, adsorbent, membrane, ionic liquids, etc.) design, discovery and screening
- Integrated carbon capture and utilization
- Flexible carbon capture
- CCUS implementation—outlook, challenges, solutions, case studies:
- Integration of renewables in CCUS
- CCUS under uncertainty
- Techno-economic, life cycle analysis
- Geospatial and temporal considerations in CCUS
- Water-energy-CO2 nexus
- Applications illustrating recent advances and/or outstanding research gaps in the above areas
Dr. M. M. Faruque Hasan
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. ChemEngineering is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Process intensification
- Supply chain