Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
22 March 2022
Tomography | New Section “Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging” Established
We are pleased to announce a new Section entitled “Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging” in Tomography (ISSN 2379-139X, IF 3.358). The Section is currently recruiting an Editor-in-Chief.
The Section “Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging” aims to publish articles on original research based on artificial intelligence and medical imaging. Further information about the Section may be found at the following link: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/tomography/sections/artificial_intelligence_in_medical_imaging.
The Section Editor-in-Chief is responsible for the following:
- Defining the aims and scope of the Section;
- Advising on the strategic development of the Section;
- Ensuring that the published content is of high quality;
- Nominating/inviting Guest Editors and optionally providing them with the authority to make final acceptance decisions about submitted articles;
- Nominating/inviting contributors;
- Nominating and leading the Section Editorial Board;
- Promoting the journal at scientific conferences or through other venues;
- Conducting preliminary checks of submissions and making the final decision as to whether a paper can be accepted for publication following peer review and author revisions (when it suits your schedule).
The duties and benefits of acting as a Guest Editor are as follows:
- Redefining the title and scope of this Special Issue;
- Determining whether a manuscript can be accepted based on the reports we collect;
- Promoting the Special Issue and increasing its visibility at related academic conferences;
- Full/partial waivers for the publishing fee will be granted for your first submission in this Special Issue.
This upcoming Section will be an ideal venue for networking and communication among scholars in the research community, as well as a chance to establish your influence within your discipline. The relationships you develop will last beyond the publication of your Special Issue, promoting a network for future collaboration.
To apply for either position, please contact the Tomography Editorial Office ([email protected]) with the two files below attached:
- A full academic CV;
- A short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position or your Special Issue proposal.
You are also welcome to forward the journal announcement to any colleagues or other contacts in this field who may be interested.