Special Issue "Service Systems"
A special issue of Systems (ISSN 2079-8954).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2016)
Prof. eng. Francesco Polese
Dr. Luca Carrubbo
This Special Issue on Service Systems deals with the concept of Service Systems and Smart Service Systems, understood as the result of a synergic integration between two different but closely related research fields: the Systems Theories (GST and its follow up) and the Service Science, Management, Engineering and Design (SSMED).
We invite researchers and practitioners to send their papers on Service Systems and Smart Service Systems in order to provide a contribution to the growth of knowledge on this crucial topic. All related disciplines are welcome, including economics, marketing, law, design, social sciences, computer science, organization theory, engineering, operation research, management and so on.
The advantage of writing for this Special Issue is linkable to the opportunity to publish on a state-of-the-art topic, which will be widely read, recognized and cited. In addition, you will gain many other benefits, such as: support from the editors, feedback and tips to improve your paper, peer endorsement of your work and membership in an elite group of contributors with outstanding networking opportunities.
This call for papers seeks foundation-building research on service systems and smart service systems that explores: service culture, concepts, models, operations, strategies, organizations, management, with the aim to have a multi-part contributions from several scientific domains and background. Then interdisciplinary works as well as industry-academic joint research efforts are especially welcome.
We seek high-quality, original contributions on the following topics:
Service System Theories and Background
- Evolution of research on service systems
- Smart service systems
- Service business models and processes
- Service design methodologies and patterns
- Service information and process modelling
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Digital challenge for the development of service systems
- Economic, social and cultural limits in service systems
Service Systems Design and Operations
- Innovation in service systems
- IT-based service systems
- Knowledge in service systems
- Multi-disciplinary analysis of service systems
- Quality and costs in service
- Service management in service systems
- New engineering systems in service models
- New technologies for detection, measurement and dissemination of information in service processes
Advances in Service Systems’ Studies
- Service based eco-systems
- Value co-creation and value sharing in service systems
- Complex adaptive systems and service systems
- Services engineering practices and case studies
- Solutions for the sustainability of service systems
- Trust and loyalty in service business models
- Users’ involvement and engagement in service system logic
- Self-organization and re-configuration of service systems
- Viability and complexity in service systems
Prof. Dr. Francesco Polese
Dr. Luca Carrubbo
Dr. Orlando Troisi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Systems is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Service systems
- Smart service systems
- Service business models
- Service knowledge
- Multi-disciplinary analysis
- Service evolution
- Service innovation
- Service design methodologies
- Service information
- Service-oriented architecture
- Users’ involvement
- Viable Systems Approach
- Value co-creation