A section of Separations (ISSN 2297-8739).
We are pleased to introduce a new Section of Separations under the topic “Bioanalysis/Clinical Analysis”.
In the Section “Bioanalysis/Clinical Analysis”, we are welcoming original research and review articles on the development and application of bioanalytical methods for qualitative–quantitative determinations in biological matrices (conventional/non-conventional) that require invasive or non-invasive sampling procedures.
Innovative analytical protocols are needed during all processes involved in chemical analysis, to establish the identities, properties, pureness, bioactivities, quantities, and other main features. Furthermore, modern analytical methods provide accurate information about therapeutic dosage and/or pharmacokinetics about new chemical entities (NCEs). During the last few years, new techniques for chemical analysis have been developed that allow separation scientists to obtain all relevant information quickly and accurately even when the analysis is carried out in complex matrices.
Bioanalytical methods, including pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics, bioequivalence, are welcome based on analytical novelty, including sample preparation and instrument configuration. Real-world applications (endogenous analytes or sampling from patients) are highly recommended versus demonstration through spiking of blank biological matrices, both conventional and non-conventional.
Furthermore, the clinical analysis is an extremely broad topic ranging from quality control or raw materials to impurity profiling of active ingredients and to bioanalytical applications. Original work on all aspects of related research is welcome, such as impurity profiling and identification/quantification of xenobiotics in biological matrices.
In all cases, novelty will be the major suitability criterion of submitted articles. Authors must address the question of how their proposed methodology compares with the previously reported methods.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Exploratory Research of Metabolomics Methods (Deadline: 30 May 2022)
- Research on Separation and Analytical Methods for Clarification of Biological Phenomena (Deadline: 15 June 2022)
- Fractionation and Sample Preparation Techniques Used in Bioanalyses (Deadline: 15 June 2022)
- Recent Trends in Analytical Methods for Identifying Drug Metabolites (Deadline: 20 June 2022)
- Isolation and Purification of Biological Nanoparticles (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Innovative Clinical Analysis of Diagnostic Proteins in Human Body Fluids (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Steroid Hormones, Thyroid Hormones, and Endocannabinoids Analysis in Human Hair with LC-MS (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Separations and Analysis of Proteins in Biological Samples (Deadline: 10 July 2022)
- Early Career Stars in Bioanalysis/Clinical Analysis (Deadline: 10 July 2022)
- Application of Separations Technologies in Biomedical Analysis (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- New Methods for Analysis of Cellular Glycosyls (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Identification and Quantitative Analysis of Drug Metabolites (Deadline: 20 September 2022)
- Screening, Separation and Applications of Metal-Chelating Peptides and Proteins (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Application of Separation Technology in Metabolomics (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Separation Technology in Environmental Metabolomics (Deadline: 20 November 2022)
- Chromatographic and Electrophoretic Methods in Current Biomedical Analysis (Deadline: 20 December 2022)