Special Issue "Remote Sensing Data Analysis in Coastline Monitoring"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 November 2023 | Viewed by 229
The Special Issue on "Remote Sensing Data Analysis in Coastline Monitoring" aims to collecting high-quality papers that focus on the data and data management used to map the coastline over time. Therefore, it will include, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Coastline, understood here in a non-restrictive sense (waterline, wetline, constant heigh line, etc.).
- Management of large sets of remote sensing data. This includes images from satellites or videomonitoring, Lidar data or time-series management.
- Techniques for hyper-resolution for water or wet sand detection, layer stacking, image co-registration or time-series analysis.
- The impact of machine learning or AI techniques on any of the aspects linked to the aforementioned coastal monitoring.
- Impact of platforms such as Google Earth Engine (GEE) and solutions for when these cannot be used; for instance, large numbers of video monitoring images.
Dr. Jaime Almonacid-Caballer
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.